Sign in to follow this  
uchigatana

Can I get bucket seats for my e36 and if so where from?

Hi ladies and gent's.

I've just finished converting my 320i(Peice of crud auto) into a lean mean ready to be turbo'd 325i drift machine.

Now then the m50b25(Vanos..couldnt get ahold of a NV) has just finished being rebuilt from ground up with forged pistons and anything I could get strengthend and is now up and ready this following monday.

The turbo will not be fitted till later this following year as alot more reasearch is being done for me to achive my goal of 600hp.

BUT untill then I have left the traction control in and the 320i exhaust in(For more lower end torque) and am realising that I need a driverside bucket seat!. I mean I've already been drifting it as a 320i and the traction control dam near knock's me unconcious from the whip-back or whatever it does...Soooo untill Iget the new LSD and the turbo I will be in serious need of a bucket seat that will fit into the e36 sedan legit.

SOOOO I really need some help with this one, as I dont want to get injured and am on a budget of $300 for the seat and whatever else i will need for the bracket's"If needed".

Preferably I do not want a pointy bucket seat but one of the rounded ones"They seem much more comfortable".

Please give whatever advise you can to me asap=D

Edited by VinceE

your drifting with the traction control on??and with an open diff

i'm just going to assume you aren't drifting on public roads.

Any more details of this m50b25? what pistons are you using? compression ratio? who is rebuilding it?

your drifting with the traction control on??and with an open diff

i'm just going to assume you aren't drifting on public roads.

Any more details of this m50b25? what pistons are you using? compression ratio? who is rebuilding it?

Well I've been driving different style's of car's since my younger dirt track day's from skyline's to old school ford lazer's so I can drift the car no-matter what, Its really a matter of forceing it.

No no I live on a farm...plenty of gravel and dirt here and some tarmac that isnt attached to the road=D, but if somone is stupid enough i would recommend new road's without developed housing surrounding it."So you can see everywhere around you.

Well I got the engine off another member off the forum's(Not through the forums) and took it to "Adreniline Performance" down the street from Mt Smart stadium. From what I know so far, the work has been a full replace of as much breakable plastic sh*t like thermostat housing etc etc..was a full rebuild.

Anyway what I got for the engine was.. s50b30-32 cams not sure which as the shop did all the research for me.

cams cost a couple hundred.

Forged piston's(Unsure but I think they got them through pelican part's(Not sure)) "Cost near $2000"

Had the engine rebuilt and bored alittle for the piston's or W/e they did with stronger gasket's and what ever else.

Manifold for the turbo is custom(Yet you can get pre made one's)

As for the compression ratio I left that upto them but I'm pritty sure they got it below 8.

The rest of the upgrade's are minor but are not going to be done untill I can get ahold of the right turbo for the job.

Over all I just told them I want the engine to be capable of 300-600hp yet still be reliably strong, and they did some homework said they could do it and it was a deal.

Hope this answer's your question as its as much as I know so far.(When Theyre finished this monday i can list the receipt details)

Also as this topic was for a "bucket seat" you know anywhere?

Edited by VinceE

:rolleyes: It's all good now...I spent a few days looking around and found a great place "NZKW"...Really nicely priced Bucket seat's, got myself just a driver side recliner. "Its not very buckety" more like a evo seat but Its much more supportive than the BMW manufacturer one's in all honesty.