Sign in to follow this  
isis

e30 Towing Wiring Harness

Anyone knows which wire goes where? a mate handed me one.

Also are there any exit holes to run it to the towbar? id rather not drill.

Cheers

Anyone knows which wire goes where? a mate handed me one.

Also are there any exit holes to run it to the towbar? id rather not drill.

Cheers

The wiring digram shows all wire colours:

tail left grey/blue

tail right grey/green

reverse blue/white

brake left green/yellow

brake right green/blue

blinker left blue/red

blinker right blue/black

ground is always brown

The wiring digram shows all wire colours:

tail left grey/blue

tail right grey/green

reverse blue/white

brake left green/yellow

brake right green/blue

blinker left blue/red

blinker right blue/black

ground is always brown

should point out that you need to connect brake and tails on the connector plug to either the left or the right, not both. i made that mistake. probably the one that the high stop doesnt run off for the brake would be best put it probably doesnt matter

you do however need to run 1 wire from either the left or right signal light though, depending on which side plug u use..

you do however need to run 1 wire from either the left or right signal light though, depending on which side plug u use..

Are you sure? I thought on the European vehicles you could run both indicators from one side only?

Are you sure? I thought on the European vehicles you could run both indicators from one side only?

sarcasm?

if not; the left and right signals are on seperate curcuits on every car. they HAVE to be. what you are probably confusing yourself with is the tails and brakes. on Japs the back the two tails are on the same curcuit and the two/three brake lights are on the same curcuit, while the front is the same. on euros however the left hand side is usually wired together (left headlight and left tail) and the right the same. think BMW (edit: E30) is independent in every corner though im not sure though i havent investigated that (edit: not sure if that helps on your car though)

Edited by ethrty320

Don't know if you've finished this or not, but when I put the towbar on my E28 I didn't have anywhere to mount a plug without drilling into the bumper or exterior body work. Instead I got some flat trailer cable (supercheap) and keep the plug nicely tucked away in the boot until needed, then it just hangs out the boot. Also means I can have more or less hanging out depending on the trailer. And it looks better too!