Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Replacing window seal.

Has anybody replaced the drivers door window seal on an e36, Mine is getting old and in some places brittle, Brent has sent me down a decent one to replace it with but i was wondering on how to go about this.

Do i have to have the window removed to do it or are there better ways i can get it in.

The seal looks like it goes all the down into the door on the front section, Was sort of not hoping to have to remove window etc to do this.

If it's the seal the window runs in, yes you will have to remove the door card and then take the window out. You will probably have to replace the window regulator slide clips that fit into the bottom of the window as well.

Be very happy that you don't have a coupe, its quite a mission to get the door glass out of a coupe door (heaps of bits to undo) goodluck with the rubber replacement

forgot i posted about this, :rolleyes: , I did the replacement last week, Was pretty easy, Removed door card then window and put in new seal, Now i can use my drivers window again , No need to replace the bottom plastic sliders on the window as i replaced them about a month ago when i got the drivers side regulator done.

So all up was no where as hard as i thought, Well for my 4 door anyway :P

forgot i posted about this, :rolleyes: , I did the replacement last week, Was pretty easy, Removed door card then window and put in new seal, Now i can use my drivers window again , No need to replace the bottom plastic sliders on the window as i replaced them about a month ago when i got the drivers side regulator done.

So all up was no where as hard as i thought, Well for my 4 door anyway :P

A coupe is quite alot different

A coupe is quite alot different

Tell me about it, I have only had coupes - 3 of them being E36's and well yea its not fun having to replace a window reg, or if you like to take the windows out of the vehicle to tint them (like me)