Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

Hesitant throttle?

Hmm... So whenever I put my foot on the accelerator at a certan point (like 2/10th's) open it will struggle and nearly stall.

but if you go just under it, and then start accelerating it's fine...

I'm sh*t at explaining things... but does anyone have any ideas?

On the crap Falcon ???

Funnily enough the crap falcon does this too...

But nope, I'm talking about my E30.

Will have a check of the TPS, not a silly idea.

It should be turned so that when the throttle is closed, the TPS makes a 'click' sound.

It should be turned so that when the throttle is closed, the TPS makes a 'click' sound.

I think it's the right way around... as I think it controls the transmission too. (it's got many pins on it)

Please explain where I can find the definition of "click" in a manual or TIS ???... I'm intrigued

An audible click doesn't mean its working and giving the correct signal

TPS not installed properly?

Please explain where I can find the definition of "click" in a manual or TIS ???... I'm intrigued

An audible click doesn't mean its working and giving the correct signal

Means it is ON correctly, which is what I am getting at. Since he did have to change it when he swappde the m20b25 in his car. Kthxbai.

that's true, but it rules out user fitting error...

and it worked on the old engine.

"click" only means you fitted it correctly... doesnt mean it works.. and sends a signal

After all this crap... it may not even be the TPS... AFM can do the same thing.... Just seems to be the same old same old... with similar problems all the time and people not actually doing any tests with the right equiptment and expecting answers. You cannot fix cars with : I think it might be this... or ..try this it worked on my Toyota.. I changed $1000 worth of parts and it was only just a fuse

Edited by pando

"click" only means you fitted it correctly... doesnt mean it works.. and sends a signal

After all this crap... it may not even be the TPS... AFM can do the same thing.... Just seems to be the same old same old... with similar problems all the time and people not actually doing any tests with the right equiptment and expecting answers. You cannot fix cars with : I think it might be this... or ..try this it worked on my Toyota.. I changed $1000 worth of parts and it was only just a fuse

Why ??

Righto then, I'll see if I can figure it out here with what I've got.. if not, the local euro mechanic is a good chap.

Edited by westy

This is what I originaly put to screen:

After all this crap... it may not even be the TPS... AFM can do the same thing.... Just seems to be the same old same old... with similar problems all the time and people not actually doing any tests with the right equiptment and expecting answers. You cannot fix cars with : I think it might be this... or ..try this it worked on my Toyota.. I changed $1000 worth of parts and it was only just a fuse. Would even help to go and buy a 20 yr old manual to fix a 20 yr old car. and then bring the "real" strange problems onto the forum instead of the same old crap that unfortunately plagues these older cars. Try search on here and other forums... 20 years on ...I would say everything is covered by now

Try search on here and other forums... 20 years on ...I would say everything is covered by now

+1 I am so sick of reading the same threads over and over again, particulary about E30's, if you can't find it searching here a search on e30tech or google is able to find the answer. Everyone should just buy this: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-E30-Restoration-...3136&sr=8-1 worth its weight in gold and saved me making stupid threads most of the time.

+1 I am so sick of reading the same threads over and over again, particulary about E30's, if you can't find it searching here a search on e30tech or google is able to find the answer. Everyone should just buy this: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-E30-Restoration-...3136&sr=8-1 worth its weight in gold and saved me making stupid threads most of the time.

Thats what I was suggesting Nathan +1 and a few more maybe :D

As for the cause you could try checking your fuel pressure, and perhaps clean out your afm

Edited by westy