Sign in to follow this  
brendannw

m60b40 low k's ?

does anyone have or know of someone with a decent low km's (under 120ks) m60b40 and a box to match that they are keen to part with???

im toying with the idea of throwing a replacement in my 730il....

she is getting tired and its seems a damn shame to put all my custom interior etc to waste or to have to mess around with another doner car to swap it into ....

any advice please!!!

M70 time :D

hahaha yeah thought about it... then thought how much i would get for it after the work was done....

cha ching!!!!!

nah waaaay too much work and its still a daily driver so i would have to buy something else while i was doing the work.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sounds more doable by the second

lol

Its easier to just sell your car and buy a 740. Once you start swapping engines around it gets expensive and way more than the cars value. Whats actualy wrong with the engine in the car now?

Apparently these newer cars have certan systems and if they don't all match up they don't work.

I would wait for Glenn to reply, He's the one to know.

You can re-code the EWS to work with the new DME.

You will need to look into what other modules need coding ... see if anyone in europe has done it before. Its all possible just how much time are you prepared to work some some of the coding gremlins.