Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Chrome series 3 door sills.

I have come across what i have been looking for in the way of door sills, The only thing is now i am ummming and arrring about getting them. Do you think they would make things look to tacky. I have a few things that will be coming from the uk so if i am going to get them i have to decide in the next week then i don't have to pay postage to include them.

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

I'd get them of course ones for my Ti

Who cares what other people think, as long as you like them get them.

im sure if you get them and dont like them, you would get your money back on trademe. wouldnt think too many people have these

I'd get them of course ones for my Ti

Who cares what other people think, as long as you like them get them.

+1

They look quite good though.

Not bad. If they made them for the E30 I'd be keen.

If you like them, who cares what others say/think - its your car. Take my car for example :lol:

Not bad. If they made them for the E30 I'd be keen.

If you like them, who cares what others say/think - its your car. Take my car for example :lol:

Your wish is their command

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/19851991-doo...door-p-851.html

Also inside cover of Total BMW mag is advert for same eg; 325i 318 3 series etc

Edited by sp8s

I've got similar sills on my schnizzle & had some reservations about the look(too much bling maybe) but everyone whose seen them reckons they're sweet.

And they're stock on the 540 so must be cool lol.

Go for it.

Your wish is their command

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/19851991-doo...door-p-851.html

Also inside cover of Total BMW mag is advert for same eg; 325i 318 3 series etc

Thats for the 2door. And at that price, damn. Thats close to $80NZ if not more? Then + freight. Be cheaper/easier for me to get some custom made...

at least they wouldn't snap when you tried to remove them :)

at least they wouldn't snap when you tried to remove them :)

Your thinking of the bits that hold the carpet down? I broke one hah. The ones shown above, are the sills - the plastic ones dont break (well I havent broken any yet).

Back on topic: OP - how much the ones you are buying worth?

Edited by Shady

I am going to go ahead and get a set, As was mentioned if in the end i don't like them i can always pass them through trademe with little or no loss of money.

On another tack i was also looking at these wipers, Anybody else ever come across these before or seen anything like these in our stores, Can't say i have ever seen any myself. (that would fit our car)

>>Click me for wiper from ebay<<

I've seen them on Trademe. May be cheaper?

Update, Just purchased them and total cost turned out to be $90, If they are good quality when they turn up then i will be happy with the price. Will take some good pics of them once they have arrived and when they are on the car. :P

Thats not a bad price for all four. I could easily see one from the dealer costing that much :P

kinda OT but, do you know if any came standard with the ///M logo, or chrome BMW lettering (I have seen some on E39s)?

I have been trying to find something like this for ages, but want ones that look OEM

^^^^^ You could possibly modify e39 ones- they are pretty sharp.

Update : Turned up today, Very well packaged and to be honest look even better in person than they looked on ebay. Going to put them on this arvo so will take some more pics then. The photo's don't do the quality of them justice. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now they are on, Very easy install, Make sure the plastic sill is very very clean then peal backing and stick.

The backing is super adhesive so you have to make sure your first attempt is 100% spot on.

The Sills are stainless steel around the 1/2mm thickness so they are not just flimsy stick on's.

I am more than happy with the final look. Pictures don't do them justice as they look 100% better in person on the car. I know this is not everybody's cup of tea but i like the look and lets be honest you only see them when opening or closing the door.

Should you get a set ?? , Well everybody's taste is different, I just wanted something to personalize my car for me so i am more than happy with the purchase. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image