Sign in to follow this  
Andrew19863

Speedo not working

:unsure: I have a bit of a problem with my car, Last week my heater matrix cracked and steam and water leaked every where. Now the Problem i am having is that my speedo has stopped working... when im driving it flicks up and down but not properly going. Any suggestion what can be done to fix this. Help would be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

Had the exact same thing, Then it officially died when i tried replacing the speedo sensor in the diff.

I had BMW workshop look it over as i thought it was wiring, but the speedo itself crapped out and they tried re-soldering it or something and still couldn't get it going so they just said best bet get a new cluster, they can set the K's to match.

Had the exact same thing, Then it officially died when i tried replacing the speedo sensor in the diff.

I had BMW workshop look it over as i thought it was wiring, but the speedo itself crapped out and they tried re-soldering it or something and still couldn't get it going so they just said best bet get a new cluster, they can set the K's to match.

How much did that roughly set you back? :mellow:

I got a new instrument cluster for $30.. BMW were gonna set the K's up for me at no charge.