Sign in to follow this  
Slavvy

M30 Flywheel

Just a quick question. I recently bought an m30 with a manual gearbox and the factory original(!) clutch attached. I intend to replace the clutch with a new one and I want to get the flywheel skimmed flat just to play it safe.

My question is whether I can do this as per a regular flywheel as it seems to be a dual mass one, the motor etc came out of an e34 535 and the flywheel is quite clearly multiple pieces put together. Would this affect getting it skimmed at all? I don't see it making any difference but I thought I'd ask haha.

The flywheel needs to be checked first. There is a procedure. 75% of the time, even on later model cars the flywheel will need replacing. I can check it after the 5th for you

The flywheel needs to be checked first. There is a procedure. 75% of the time, even on later model cars the flywheel will need replacing. I can check it after the 5th for you

Sweet as, I'll try to get in around then.

Hi Max

i just had a m30 clutch plate resurfaced with kevlar,full face,not puk style.Easier to drive round town.

and pressure plate fingers 'retentioned' up to 2400lbs.

will be a good upgrade for the SS upgrade and grip awesomelly with the increased torque.

wont be going ahead with the plans i had in mind

$600

cheers marty

Hi Max

i just had a m30 clutch plate resurfaced with kevlar,full face,not puk style.Easier to drive round town.

and pressure plate fingers 'retentioned' up to 2400lbs.

will be a good upgrade for the SS upgrade and grip awesomelly with the increased torque.

wont be going ahead with the plans i had in mind

$600

cheers marty

I'll find out if I can get the same sort of thing for less through other channels, if not I'll be sure to hit you up :)