Sign in to follow this  
simke

E34 central locking and window electronic problem

Car wouldn't unlock, passenger or drivers side, could open the boot fine but it wouldn't unlock the doors as well. After lots of trying managed to unlock drivers door. Now windows and sunroof wont work, and locking is still stuffed - tried locking passenger door, didn't lock any other locks and can't unlock it again. Any ideas what this might be? Hopefully not too expensive to fix, especially since I don't intend to keep this car for long.

Replace the GM or RM module under the back seat, left.

Have both.

How much? I did check the fuse that is in the box under rear seat (no. 47) appears to be fine.

also check the fusable link that comes off the battery positive terminal , its wrapped in plastic wrap on the smaller power cable they break offten

Similar problem on my 94 530iA, but not quite so bad:

Driver's door will not respond to remote central locking. Also will not lock when key locking via passenger's door or boot. However key locking driver's door will lock everything. Seems like a lack of electrons to the driver's door locking actuator - any similar experiences out there, or a simple fix?

Note: car had a Mongoose alarm installed which has been deactivated/removed.

Cheers.