Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Mint Mk4 Cortina

It's a 1978 Mk4 Cortina

Completely original, Pretty damn mint condition, garaged it's entire life and taken very good care of by my grandad who past away almost a year ago. Finally decided to sell his pride and joy which he bought brand new back in 78, So he is the original owner since new. Sitting in the garage taking up space so needs to go.

Was only a weekend car so has only clocked up a very low 59,000kms since new in 78!

A few minor dings in places, but nothing too bad. Could be good for someone after a very clean example of a mk4 cortina taken very good care of.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...162&ed=true

Open to offers, just needs to go. Have no idea on market value of these so excuse my pricing if it's on the steep side lol. Also I quickly snapped up the pics earlier with the car in the garage, will take some outdoor ones tomorrow.

thats pretty awesome that u're grand dad has had that since new!

gl with the sale and hope it goes to good home..

Looks pretty mint to me

Price is about right to me but it is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Might be wrong time of year to sell though. No body got any money left after xmas haha

Yeah I know, was sort of a gift to me but i chose to sell on. Too many cars not enough room.

John, from what i've seen of Mk4 and 5 'tinas lately, you've undervalued it a little.

As it's such a good looking example maybe get it out, wash it and get some pic's in the sun. Especially the interior and engine bay. That motor looks brand new so why not make a point of showing it off, it's even got the correct colour screen washer fluid lol.

Just my 2c mate.

Cheers man, good advice. Was going to take some good pictures today but my nan wasn't home to get the key and drive it out, So I took what i could. Definitley be getting some decent pictures of it tomorrow and give it a shine as it's all dusty sitting inside lol.

Was thinking the no WOF and reg would drop its value a bit, Though I bet it would still fly through WOF as always ;)

Was thinking the no WOF and reg would drop its value a bit, Though I bet it would still fly through WOF as always ;)

I don't think the WOF/reg thing will be an issue at all.

With your discription, the realy low k's and the condition of the car i think the kinda people who will be seriously interested in it will not worry 'bout the WOF/reg.

Nice tidy mk 4/5's are rocking horse sh*t now mate so pump the sh*t out of it in the add and i think you will get a pleasant surprise.

Bump. Just added some better pics.

Alot of watchers on this, Wonder if it will sell :unsure:

^^^^^Hey John,it deserves to mate-a little beauty.

I reckon we should have a sticky on how to present yr car 4 sale.

Good quality interesting pics are absolutely vital lol.

Cheers, yeah I don't know much about Ford Cortina's and I've never sold a car before, So don't really know what to list down ?? lol ideas would be great..

What you've listeds ok mate but sorry yr pics suk.If someone is going to buy unseen you MUST have great pics.

Ditch all yr pics!!,Take it out to an open area-the park nxt to the showgrounds is great.

Take exterior pics from all angles,including some at ground level.

Clean out the interior-get some good shots of front & rear seats ,doorcards & dash.

Dont forget engine bay & boot.

You've got 20 pics on TM-use them.About 50/50 inside/outside.

Presenting it well earns dollars.

Its a bit of work but trust me it works!!!!

What you've listeds ok mate but sorry yr pics suk.If someone is going to buy unseen you MUST have great pics.

Ditch all yr pics!!,Take it out to an open area-the park nxt to the showgrounds is great.

Take exterior pics from all angles,including some at ground level.

Clean out the interior-get some good shots of front & rear seats ,doorcards & dash.

Dont forget engine bay & boot.

You've got 20 pics on TM-use them.About 50/50 inside/outside.

Presenting it well earns dollars.

Its a bit of work but trust me it works!!!!

All good ideas. Also maybe go out to Havelock, find a vineyard with big ass gates and vines as a backdrop.

Te mata peak top car park?

It's got a flat battery at the mo, So no driving it (not that I have the licence to anyway <_< ). I guess we could probably park it on the front lawn, they have a pretty big section for some decent pictures. I already have an offer and some guy interested to view. Will be negotiating price but by the sounds of where it's going, I'd be happy to sell to this guy.

p.s useless with a camera :rolleyes:

Damn good idea. Will see what I can do this weekend. Give it a clean up inside and out and get some sweet photos with a nice back drop.