Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

Differences between E30's with AC, and without.

When I did my engine swap, I removed my AC, made it a bit easier to get it in, and the AC pump was seized anyways.

Now my whenever I drive at 100kph the heater goes cold :(

is there any differences between AC and Non? do they have a more restrictive grill or something?

post-4315-1262608647.gif

You connected your heater pipes wrong on the firewall buddy.

Barking up the wrong tree.

You connected your heater pipes wrong on the firewall buddy.

Barking up the wrong tree.

Hmm... goddamit. I thaught the heater diddn't work at all when it was plugged in wrong?

Just switch the two hoses around at the firewall and it should fix it.

Haha.

My e30 had AC that I removed all piping to the firewall etc,

Made no difference from what I remember. 9 Months off the road actually. Epic.

I just removed all of mine, all the hoses, condensor etc all the extra shiz inside the heater box so it is now totally goneskies. I am expecting 500hp on the dyno next week.

Yeah removing it doesn't really make a noticeable difference. Nice to think it's making your E30 lighter though.

My mate removed mine. I kinda wish I still had it some days but meh. Ya get over it.

Tidyness is key.

^ Tell you what it is a really shitty job, wish I had mates that would help with the sh*t jobs, they usually just watch me ha.

I actually prefer no one touching my car tbh, But thus only I can be blamed for the mess.

I actually prefer no one touching my piece tbh, But thus only I can be blamed for the mess.

Ha. Gutted lol.

Lol. funny guys, very funny.

I think It's fixed now. the pipes look where they are suppose to be, they were crossed over last time.

Go for burn and let us know the verdict please.

Fine.

Just cutting the AC and powersteering belts made my M20 rev mo' betterer :) Both all gone now though!

Go for burn and let us know the verdict please.

You have 10 minutes.

wondered why he just stopped talking to me on MSN just now!

You can actually think of it this way,

Removing rotating mass off the crank (i.e shaving down the flywheel) all makes an improvement to engine response. Works front and rear of engine. But front doesn't have as much things to delete, Except power steering and A.C, I guess you could remove that pulley that runs the A/C and P/S belts off the front dampner, that would be another subtle reduction in rotating mass on the crank.. But it's F all so don't expect a miracle lol.

You can actually think of it this way,

Removing rotating mass off the crank (i.e shaving down the flywheel) all makes an improvement to engine response. Works front and rear of engine. But front doesn't have as much things to delete, Except power steering and A.C, I guess you could remove that pulley that runs the A/C and P/S belts off the front dampner, that would be another subtle reduction in rotating mass on the crank.. But it's F all so don't expect a miracle lol.

that pulley is needed for the Alternator though. Remove that too yo' cut the springs while your at it

Um no. There is a second piece which only is needed for PS and A/C belts.

If you have ever taken the front of an m20 apart you would know this. And the Alternator/ waterpump belt runs right off the crank wheel. Sorry bud.

Works good now _b

Took it for a quick blat around a couple of blocks to warm it up, then took it for a jam on the motorway. works very well... Why did I wear my jacket?

ps. M20B25 > M20B20

Edited by antil33t