Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

Bonnet cable

Hi Y'all, thanks for quick reply, we'll get one of themT valves asap, didn't think they should spray the firewall..

Same car 89/90 e30, the bonnet release cables busted & I want my vice grips back, they hanging on the inside cable end.

This looks like a big job, threading a new cable thru, I saved one from her first car, and from memory I think I need to take off the brake booster & all the insulation both sides of the firewall??

Are there any easy ways out of this? (let somebody else do it!)

Meanwhile, after driving her car for 5 minutes ( I changed the dizzy cap) I decided she seriously needs sum new brakes TMS has some for about $US $75, is that good?

Damn girls, they live in their cars, a wardrobe on wheels, but virtually no brakes!

Cheers

PS; we don't have W.O.F tests over here, WA, keep your car in license & never need to have it checked again, Coppers can order you off the road for any defects, but my old e23 passed with only minors, bulbs etc... there's a few rust buckets getting around!

Edited by *Glenn*

Hi Y'all, thanks for quick reply, we'll get one of themT valves asap, didn't think they should spray the firewall..

Same car 89/90 e30, the bonnet release cables busted & I want my vice grips back, they hanging on the inside cable end.

This looks like a big job, threading a new cable thru, I saved one from her first car, and from memory I think I need to take off the brake booster & all the insulation both sides of the firewall??

Are there any easy ways out of this? (let somebody else do it!)

Meanwhile, after driving her car for 5 minutes ( I changed the dizzy cap) I decided she seriously needs sum new brakes TMS has some for about $US $75, is that good?

Damn girls, they live in their cars, a wardrobe on wheels, but virtually no brakes!

Cheers

PS; we don't have W.O.F tests over here, WA, keep your car in license & never need to have it checked again, Coppers can order you off the road for any defects, but my old e23 passed with only minors, bulbs etc... there's a few rust buckets getting around!

Your right it will be a PITA to do. Check this thread and see if you can live with this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99892 instead of doing the cable. I would be

Edited by ethrty320

Your right it will be a PITA to do. Check this thread and see if you can live with this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99892 instead of doing the cable. I would be

Thankds for the link, never too sure what they mean when they say ,drivers side'...

I can open it, just want my vice grips back, but then again, I'm the only one that ever lifts the bonnet, hood.

Mobile wardrobe...

Guess 'll have a look at crimping the end of it & maybe move the lever forward? or just leaving it!

couple more things, but new post..

Thanks.

Thankds for the link, never too sure what they mean when they say ,drivers side'...

I can open it, just want my vice grips back, but then again, I'm the only one that ever lifts the bonnet, hood.

Mobile wardrobe...

Guess 'll have a look at crimping the end of it & maybe move the lever forward? or just leaving it!

couple more things, but new post..

Thanks.

thats on the passenger side. you can have your vice grips back if you use that

You can open it with a really big screwdriver, at the front on the passenger side you'll see the lock mechanisim itself and it has a slot in it which a screwdriver will fit in.

Replacing the cable is easy too, I got one for nothing when I broke mine and just swapped it, was pretty easy.

With all the problems this vehicle seems to have, before coming on here with this list of problems that you have.. did you consider using the "search" function first ??? It seems every day we get the same old same old questions... it does get rather boring answering them all the time... some like throwing their 2 cents in though to get their post count up and most of the time their comments will send you down the track of no return or into the land of confusion & frustration

With all the problems this vehicle seems to have, before coming on here with this list of problems that you have.. did you consider using the "search" function first ??? It seems every day we get the same old same old questions... it does get rather boring answering them all the time... some like throwing their 2 cents in though to get their post count up and most of the time their comments will send you down the track of no return or into the land of confusion & frustration

Just catching up with a few jobs while 've got the time.

I've looked at the search options...

I thought this was why you had this forum on here, o people could ask stupid questions.

Not trying to get a post count up, why wood I

Thanks, see ya..

Just catching up with a few jobs while 've got the time.

I've looked at the search options...

I thought this was why you had this forum on here, o people could ask stupid questions.

Not trying to get a post count up, why wood I

Thanks, see ya..

Welcome to bimmersport <_<