Sign in to follow this  
joshaucks

exhausts

Full 2 1/2 inch straight from the turbo. Mandrel bent stainless steel, with one rear muffler (Apexi N1 perhaps?)

depends on what your wanting, and what your current mods to the engine are, go to big and you'll lose power, go to small and you'll lose power.

id say 2 1/4" right through, cut the cat out, a resonator or two, with a nice turbo flow muffler (to aid in the flow) at the back, mandrel bent of course, or go something like homys pre fabricated one.. but for your 1.8 monster....

shop around too., and look at some headers before you get the zaust.. ie do the lot i/h/e all at the same time. then dyno stz

Full 2 1/2 inch straight from the turbo.

Huh?

Anyway, 2 1/4 is as big as you need to go for a 1.8 Its the same size i got i my 1.8 I know they completly different engine but mine is a good volume and even has a bit of a rumble. Mine has 2 resonators and a muffler on the end but could maybe even lose one resonator.

Don't go overboard and get a huge 3" system with only a nice shiny tip. It will sound horrible and wont make your car any faster.

go to your local exhaust shop and have a talk, was estimated about $250 for a 2 1/4, but i chose to stay twin. not for performance, but i dont want to build my car for fully performance, i like the sound of twin. my exhaust ended up costing me bout $500, that dosent include about $200 that ive spent changing round exhaust tips etc

For mufflers it really depends on what you want, i have 4 (2 per pipe) cobys, which are loud, but have no restriction. Im not a huge fan of turbo rear mufflers, sound like a outboard to me, personal preferences being lukey and the like, im a huge fan of deep course lumpy growl, which i think ive achieved with my exhaust, for some people the sound dosent mean much to them, but to me it does, so yeah.

Edited by bmwsparkle