Sign in to follow this  
petone

CD Burner

Yeah I know its not car related but my burner just died. I was wondering if anyone got a 2nd hand one lying round or can hook me up with a good deal on one.

Cheers

I have one, an external HP CD Writer Plus 7200e (plugs in via the parallel port).

It doesn't seem to want to work with my new laptop (which is an HP too), it seems to be having a clash with a bios setting somewhere.

If you want it it is yours for $50.00 + postage to Wellington. Got all of the original CD's and everything else with it (however if you want to use it with Windows XP, then you will need to download the correct driver of HP's website).

Cheers

Dude, they are so cheap new now, you would be doing yourself a favour buying a new one.

You can get new ones for less than $50 if you don't mind buying a cheaper brand.

(Sorry grant, not trying to steal a sale, but they are dirt cheap these days).

Have a look here.

Even DVD writers can be found for under $150 for low-specced models.

Dam, didn't realise they were that cheap new. Cheers for that bravo. Thanks anway grant, I'll just get a new one.

BTW - I've got dealer hookups on a few models, I'll be able to get you one wholesale (PM me) :lol:

Dam, didn't realise they were that cheap new. Cheers for that bravo. Thanks anway grant, I'll just get a new one.

No worries, sorry I had no idea how cheap they were new either.

Cheers

How important is it to get a DVD Writer if I don't need to 'back-up' my DVD movies? Is it worth the $100+ over the price a CD Writer? If a DVD Writer is recommended, then is it necessary to buy +-, dual layer?

How important is it to get a DVD Writer if I don't need to 'back-up' my DVD movies? Is it worth the $100+ over the price a CD Writer? If a DVD Writer is recommended, then is it necessary to buy +-, dual layer?

I asked myself the same question last year and in the end I got a DVD-R to slot into my Dell laptop.

Ive never looked back. Had plenty of cd burners and always stuck backups on those, however I quickly ended up with so many cd's I was having trouble storing them.

Now I can take backups of my DVD's and not have to worry about compression too much and they work in the cheapo DVD player I picked up from the Warehouse :)

Its personal choice as always, if you dont need to burn DVD's then save yourself the money and spend it on your car.

However I would buy the dvd burner if I could afford it and 'futureproof' myself.

Cheers

Martyn

I like to Back up movies. Why wouldnt you? I have a large library that has cost about as much as 4 purchased DVDs.

Dual layer is good but media too expensive right now.

DVD shrink

DVD decrypter

keep on the topic ffs. this thread is no longer valid

petone Posted on Jan 26 2005, 11:19 AM