Sign in to follow this  
pommy

brake sensor

Evening hopefully someone is logged in who can help me !

I have an 89 e30 325i coupe and on my passenger side the wire that links to my brake wear sensor has fraded and looks like it needs replacing?

but when I traced th wire it looks like it feeds into the fuse box lume? does it need replacing or is there another way to fix it that will still be safe?

thanks.

Evening hopefully someone is logged in who can help me !

I have an 89 e30 325i coupe and on my passenger side the wire that links to my brake wear sensor has fraded and looks like it needs replacing?

but when I traced th wire it looks like it feeds into the fuse box lume? does it need replacing or is there another way to fix it that will still be safe?

thanks.

Will be safe regardless - only controls the light.

Is it just the fabric tape that has frayed or is the cable delaminating the insulation?

Will be safe regardless - only controls the light.

Is it just the fabric tape that has frayed or is the cable delaminating the insulation?

I can see two wires inside the black insulation a black and a brown and the brown one has actually split probably due to old age!! so I was thinking of cutting and re joining then using that heat shrink stuff? to make it look neat!

Yep, whatever. If only one crack in the cable - just tape around it then retape the loom.

If very brittle right along - then best to replace the section of wiring from where it links to the main loom.

I doubt you will have to do this though.