Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Fun clubsport racecar

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/S...n-263110144.htm

Posted Image

Fresh paint, 6 point cage, New Toyo R888 tyres, Bilstein grp n shocks, solid rear beam mounts,Pagid race pads, goodridge braided brake hoses, Sparco corsa evo seat, 5 point camlock belts, Omp suede deep dish steering wheel, Lightened shell. Rego on hold.

Fresh low milage alloy block Mi16 motor, rebuilt with new rings, bearings, seals gaskets, oil pump, cambelt, waterpump, tensioners, lightened and balanced bottom end, ported and flowed head. New EBC heavy duty clutch, lightened flywheel. 2 new Dellorto 45 dhla's fitted to jenvey inlet manifold with uni filter and ram tubes, 8 valve distributor with billet adapter. New battery mounted in car. radiator serviced and cleaned.

Travelled less than 100km's since build. Selling due to new business commitments and just dont have time to use.

This would most likely be faster and better handling than my 205... Damm cheap for the fun you could have.

Ooh that's a nice one_ it makes me miss my old 309gti i used to have, also had plans to drop a Mi16 in her but never got around to it. Oh well, got an E3O now ^_^

Forgot to mention it's under 10 grand!

JiB - red cars are faster...

Ash - you know you want 2 cars...

My mate Mark knows he should buy it (he has a white 205, which will gradually trend to the spec above) ... but he can't get his head around the 309 being ugly.

I bought my 307 brakes of Mark... He's really nice guy...

Just press him on the fact the 309's are better racecars... longer wheelbase and that little bit wider...

His one's as wide (we wrecked a 309) ... but the wheelbase bit is so true. The main attraction's the "done" Mi16 and the cage.

I quite like the look of the coupe.

Be a good cheap racecar for someone, all the hard yards are done.

That's got to be one of the best deals ever, the M16s in the 405s go bloody well so being in a lighter body would definitely be awsomeness! The 309GTIs look awsome too.

with not too much work these engines will happly produce 200hp, some of the uk boys are 240 - 280hp

with not too much work these engines will happly produce 200hp, some of the uk boys are 240 - 280hp

I wouldn't think they were far from that anyways. 160ish?

yup 160 factory...

hence why i said it wasn't too hard... i know with the 205 i'll be looking for about 200 - 220hp at the wheels when it's completed

I sopose the torque makes up for the BHP, seems to be a trait for Peugeot in their "sporty" versions, heaps of torque.

I really wouldn't mind trying a Pugeot after all the things I hear about them. (99% from DRTDVL himself :P)

I really wouldn't mind trying a Pugeot after all the things I hear about them. (99% from DRTDVL himself :P)

Buy this one..............Do it!

205 (gti 1.6 or 1.9), 309 (gti 1.9), 306 (gti-6 / s16 models)

Don't expect amazing power thats not what the cars are good at... most things will walk away from them in a straight line race, where the pugs have their advantage is in the corners and their ability to change direction. Find a nice twisty road to test drive one, and DO NOT LIFT mid-corner if your pushing it or you will be the proud owner of a lovely lawn ornament.

205 (gti 1.6 or 1.9), 309 (gti 1.9), 306 (gti-6 / s16 models)

Don't expect amazing power thats not what the cars are good at... most things will walk away from them in a straight line race, where the pugs have their advantage is in the corners and their ability to change direction. Find a nice twisty road to test drive one, and DO NOT LIFT mid-corner if your pushing it or you will be the proud owner of a lovely lawn ornament.

Point the wheels, put your foot down kind of car.

don't worry about the back - just drive the front of the car and the back will follow...