Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Steve Williams, nice guy. (Tigers caddy)

Well i met Steve Williams yesterday, he's just a nice kiwi bloke. Not pretentious(sp?) at all.

Well the story is this.

My partners granddaughter (Maria) had leukaemia, she had been in remission twice, 2nd time was after a bone marrow transplant, but sadly just before xmas it returned, unfortunately there was no more that could be done to help her.

So we all just held onto the hope she would make xmas, she did, she was the strongest person i have known but she had excepted the fact things were very bad.

We did the make a wish thing and she got a Suzuki 4 wheeler but her one wish was to go to speedway one more time (she loved saloon racing).

So on Saturday night she went to Huntly to see the saloons. Steve was there and she got to meet him, you couldn't of got the smile off her face even if you tried to.

My partner went up to see Maria on Monday, got there 1hr 10min before Maria passed.

We had the funeral yesterday, just as the service came to an end and everyone was gathering outside to say goodbye to Maria, a motorhome with a saloon car on trailer turned up with 'Caddyshack racing' on the side turned up and out gets Steve. He came to pay his repects to a child he didn't know.

To top that he took the time to get sign writing done on his race car that said "Racing in memory of Maria McNamara".

Some will have opions on why he did that but i know he did that out of respect and heart felt kindness.

I know he would have so many requests for things like that but he did it for Maria which makes me think he did it for the right reasons.

Anyway i will finish by saying 'Thanks Steve, it means so much to us', although he won't see this thread i just had to say it somewhere.

R.I.P 'Ria 6/00-01/10.

Edited by bellicose

Ive met him to through a mates dad that races a Saloon and hes just a normal kiwi guy. Thats awesome that he went to the funeral and had his car sign written. Shame about the circumstances though.

Thanks John for sharing this story and my thoughts go to your family.

It makes you proud to be a Kiwi and admire fellow Kiwis that go the extra mile for others when they are not expected to or have to.

Well done Steve Williams if you get to see this thread. We are all proud of your successes as a New Zealander

Yep he's a nice guy.

John-really sorry about your loss please pass our condolences to your family.

A person of Steve Williams standing must be able to be contacted one way or the other just send him a thank you for his consideration and a link to this thread also sorry to hear about the lose of a loved one

Allan

John-really sorry about your loss please pass our condolences to your family.

I know how you feel, i lost myn grandson 2 years ago

yea met him once thought he was awesome

met tiger at the same time got to say tiger is one of the most down to earth friendly people i have ever had a chance to meet

best wishes to you in your time of need