Sign in to follow this  
soarer260@hotmail.com

M50B25 Vanos Camshaft upgrade options...

Right, so I've been looking around the last couple of weeks for options to upgrade my stock M50 Vanos intake & exhaust camshafts

The options seem to be M50B30 US cams... but they seem extremely hard to source being from US models.

The other, Schrick cams, and I'm guessing a few other after market cam manufactures but what is a good local solution here in New Zealand for upgrading cams without importing stuff from the states etc?

Also has anyone done cam upgrades on their Vanos M50, with dyno results, some I have seen show good figures, but I think its better telling from more local results rather that ones from USA or Europe.

Any help would be good.

Cheers

Mike.

i think you can put a M52B28 crank in the M50B25 block. but please research before buying anything coz im not 100% sure, may have got wires crossed etc

i think I may have got wires crossed etc

Yes you have... he was talking about camshafts :blink:

Yes you have... he was talking about camshafts :blink:

lol i didnt mean my wire crossing to be THAT explicit!!

i think you can put a M52B28 crank in the M50B25 block. but please research before buying anything coz im not 100% sure, may have got wires crossed etc

While on the subject of crossed wires , I will confirm that you can put the whole rotating assembly from a M52B28 into a M50 iron block [ I have one sitting on my engine stand ]

The mystery is solved haha!