Sign in to follow this  
Grant

BMW CC Show 'n Shine

man burning cars would have been way more kick ass......to be honest i think i will only be attending the BMWCC events where they actually drive from now, apart from club nights of course

Saw this today. The owner works with a close frind of mine. We were in aux for the edgefest, and so went round to the owners place in Whangaparoa for coffee and M3 drooling on the way back up north.

Very, very nice car. BMWCC members will prob already know (ans as said by Andrew above), but it is an '89 EVO 2, only done 77k miles, and is one of the ravaliga (sp?) special editions (only 37 made of this particular model). It is in pretty much concors condition, and is an absolute honey of a car.

Also, like Andrew said, he has a FL South African E30 with the 2.7 Alpina engine and M3 airbox, and all usual Msport addons like kit and LSD. Also has been lowered on bilsteins. Has a 5-stud conversion and today was running some 16" black weaves with Dunlop Formula R semi-race tyres in preparation for track day at Taupo - also a very nice car with only a couple of supermarket dings detracting from it being top cond. Still a real minter though.

Also races a friends 635 in targa, has an e36 touring as a daily driver and a couple of particularly rare mini cooper S's (old shape).

Didn't go for a ride in any of them, but will attempt to jack that up at some stage once I have met the guy more than once.

Just thought I'd skite on here, and believe me, if I'm lucky to get a ride in the m3, I'll let you know. Would have got some pics, but all of the activity on my phone at edgefest meant that the batt had died, and so no camera.

post-2-1110692138.jpg

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

The M3 Rego 1M31, is an original ROBERTO RAVAGLIA edition.

The car was brought into NZ from the UK by Andrew Bayliss, ex service manager at Team McMillan BMW about 1995. It was left hand drive and he did the full conversion here, himself with a bit of help from some of the techies at McMillans.

I think it cost him about GBP 13000 landed, then all the extras to convert to RHD.

Yeah, Peter was telling me about the RHD conversion - I had a look, and they did an awesome job. Can't tell at all. Not too sure what Peter paid for it - I don't tend to ask as it's not like i can afford to buy one myself, but I would have to make an edjucated guess of around the $60k plus - maybe as much as $70k.