Sign in to follow this  
jas81172

Hex Key

hi, can you please help me if what hex key size i need to buy and where to buy it. i am going to replace the diffenrential oil of my E30 1988 320i. i don't have any idea of what size is it.i'm in wellington.tks.

Check to see if it is the same size as the gearbox drain and fill plug. If it is, then it's a 17mm hex.

You should be able to pick up sockets at repco

pretty sure its a 10mm allen key (hex) head. should be able to get it from repco or supercheap.

what sort of diff oil are you putting in? where abouts in wellington are you?

Edited by flake

pretty sure its a 10mm allen key (hex) head. should be able to get it from repco or supercheap.

i'm not sure if it's the same size as the atf plug.it appears to be bigger.i'll be putting a 75w80 synth diff oil.i'm in tawa.just got this a year ago so, i'm trying to replace the fluids.

use a bolt head that fits in then screw 2 more nuts on to it to lock them , you can then use a spanner or socket on the end

use a bolt head that fits in then screw 2 more nuts on to it to lock them , you can then use a spanner or socket on the end

that's a good idea.if i can't get hold of a proper hex i'll use that option.will try to look for bolts and nuts of the same size as the hex.tks very much.

i'm not sure if it's the same size as the atf plug.it appears to be bigger.i'll be putting a 75w80 synth diff oil.i'm in tawa.just got this a year ago so, i'm trying to replace the fluids.

Me and Anthony (flake) are in Tawa also. Give me a text on 0277405464 if you need any help, we both have broken E30's at the moment and don't mind helping haha.

If i'm not mistaken it's the same size as a wheel bolt if you've got a spare and a pipe wrench

Me and Anthony (flake) are in Tawa also. Give me a text on 0277405464 if you need any help, we both have broken E30's at the moment and don't mind helping haha.

cool.i'm at collins ave.will just text you then.will try to sort things out this weekend.tks.

If i'm not mistaken it's the same size as a wheel bolt if you've got a spare and a pipe wrench

i've got spare wheel bolts that i could use for this.thank you very much.

tks flake it is a 10mm hex key.