Sign in to follow this  
Davee

Exhaust cam Sensor X5

Hello, How hard is it to replace this sensor. Do I end to know hoe to reset any codes and any idea of the cost of the sensor, Thanks

From memory, mine was about $270 installed at BM Workshop (incl. about 30 mins or so labour, and a car wash) - so a relatively simple install if you know what you are doing and have the tools.

And yes, they did have to reset the fault code on my 330.

Hello, How hard is it to replace this sensor. Do I end to know hoe to reset any codes and any idea of the cost of the sensor, Thanks

The camshaft sensors have gone up in price quite considerably Dave. If I can have your chassis # I can give you a price with member discount... and yes the fault codes need to be erased and adaptions nee to be cleared, you can only do this with a good scanner.

If you are in Auckland we can do this for you.. ring me @ Botany Motor Worx (09) 2722546

The camshaft sensors have gone up in price quite considerably Dave. If I can have your chassis # I can give you a price with member discount... and yes the fault codes need to be erased and adaptions nee to be cleared, you can only do this with a good scanner.

If you are in Auckland we can do this for you.. ring me @ Botany Motor Worx (09) 2722546

thanks - sorry I,m in Christchurch. Keen to get a price for the part if you can.My chassis # is wbafa520xolm44449. Thanks Dave

$100 including postage.

regards Ray

$100 including postage.

regards Ray

Your offer is very tempting. Is this part new or second hand? Still need to check out what needs to be done to replace this sensor first, as I will need to be able to access the error codes to reset.

Dave

Your offer is very tempting. Is this part new or second hand? Still need to check out what needs to be done to replace this sensor first, as I will need to be able to access the error codes to reset.

Dave

Secondhand but scaned up ok. Not to difficult to replace and easy to reset. Don`t let them tell you otherwise.

thanks - sorry I,m in Christchurch. Keen to get a price for the part if you can.My chassis # is wbafa520xolm44449. Thanks Dave

Will do Tuesday morning. As Ray said...easy to fit, but you will have to get the fault code & adaptions cleared with an appropriate scanner.

Was the fault checked with a reliable scanner ?

Will do Tuesday morning. As Ray said...easy to fit, but you will have to get the fault code & adaptions cleared with an appropriate scanner.

Was the fault checked with a reliable scanner ?

Great thanks. Was checked at BMW - I'm keen to repalce myself once I undersand the new sensor cost.

Can you recoomend a good Scanner . I was thinking of getting a Actron CP9175?

Many Thanks

Great thanks. Was checked at BMW - I'm keen to repalce myself once I undersand the new sensor cost.

Can you recoomend a good Scanner . I was thinking of getting a Actron CP9175?

Many Thanks

Sometimes generic scanners wont cut the mustard. You must be careful... post a link

Sometimes generic scanners wont cut the mustard. You must be careful... post a link

Hi Glenn, Did you manage to get a price for the Sensor Plus 0-ring? Many Thanks

Ooops....been real busy

Sensor Retail $337.69 + Gst I can do for $287.15 + Gst

"O" ring $ 04.17 $ 3.75

+ Freight to you

Ooops....been real busy

Sensor Retail $337.69 + Gst I can do for $287.15 + Gst

"O" ring $ 04.17 $ 3.75

+ Freight to you

Thanks Glenn and Ray for your assistance. Given I'm in Christchurch, I needed to buy a scanner from the US to clear the codes I have done this and ordered the part at the same time.

Pity your workshop is not in Christchurch

Thanks again for your help

Dave

Hi Glenn, Can you please advise what you mean by having to clear the adaptions. I replaced the Exhaust cam sensor like the deal said needed to be done. Tried to clear the code but when I use the Peake research code read I get a E10 or E11 which are the O2 sensors.

any idea's

Hi Glenn, Can you please advise what you mean by having to clear the adaptions. I replaced the Exhaust cam sensor like the deal said needed to be done. Tried to clear the code but when I use the Peake research code read I get a E10 or E11 which are the O2 sensors.

any idea's

Stupid me, E10 & E11 are error codes for the peak to indicate that has a problem with the connection to the onboard computer.

Once I turned the key in the car to the second point the reader reset the service light. All fixed. Pays to reread instructions sometimes