Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

Want new wheels for the V8 E30, ideas?

Hey guys,

Well i have been toying with the idea of getting some new wheels for the e30. It is needing something dished and in keeping with its era im thinking.

I quite like the hartge wheels felgen garage are offering, however im still undecided on which sort.

I have bought a 5 stud rear end for it and in the process of sorting the front out so im not fussed on weather its 4 or 5 stud but id be keen to know what you guys think.

I had thought BBS CH, but cant find 17's i think 18's may look to big??

In love with the idea of a 3 piece wheel with a bit of dish. I know some of you guys know some awesome wheels so just interested in what you think will finish my car off.

Cheers

Sam

post-2328-1264907630.jpg

Guest Ari Gold

Thank God, I hate your current wheels :D

Check out the sick as wheel thread for starters, but personally, I'd go with these:

Posted Image

im a fan of BBS RS even though everyone has them they just work se well!

Find a real set of these if your going 5 stud.

post-3292-1264915725.jpg

Seen them on a few E30's overseas. Would be the wheels I would use if I could afford to go 5 stud. Not really keeping with the period theme but I think they look tough. Good luck :)

Edited by Forrest

Traditionally, 3 piece wheels have poor brake clearance (it's sacrificed for the amount of dish).

But I think some BBS LM's would be the way to go! (edit: That's if you're 5 stud)

Edited by JiB

Thank God, I hate your current wheels :D

Check out the sick as wheel thread for starters, but personally, I'd go with these:

Posted Image

I want these wheels so bad, think they would be awesome! i would be so gutted if i got a set here and couldnt make them fit.

Just so people know, i could get rileys wheels over my brakes easy enough

Guest Ari Gold

Calculate the offsets you need with the widths you want to run, and have them "felgenned" to order, he's got so many bloody rims he'd be able to do it no sweat.

Sweet sounds good, i will look into it. I think 16's would look better than 17's do you agree?

Doesn't antony have some 16' 3 piece hartge's on his E30 that he was thinking of selling the whole car a while back? maybe pm him ;) you would have to stay 4 stud for that though.

Edited by Forrest

Sweet sounds good, i will look into it. I think 16's would look better than 17's do you agree?

i for one do

Guest Ari Gold

Agreed, only E30's with the M-tec II kit can pull of 17's without looking like its a cartoon car.

Agreed, only E30's with the M-tec II kit can pull of 17's without looking like its a cartoon car.

provided they have a decent offset anyway. my 17s look like ass on my MT2. They looked bad on a stock body, and then with the kit pulling the sides of the car out aesthetically, they look horrible

/hijack

Doesn't antony have some 16' 3 piece hartge's on his E30 that he was thinking of selling the whole car a while back? maybe pm him ;) you would have to stay 4 stud for that though.

If you want to fit my wheels up to see if they fit, PM me. They are Hartge Japan wheels tho, and dont have the same clearance as Hartge Europe wheels.

They aren't for sale ;)

Edited by antony

JiB you sold those wheels correct? I email felgan garage saying i was keen on those 16" hartge wheels and the are sold.. He said that he had some OZ Futra wheels.. the otherones on the website. opinions?

Yeah sorry dude, sold the Professors, was approached with an offer I couldn't turn down!

Go for the OZ wheels! They're badass!