Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

E30 Park Light Help?

Recently I have taken the dash out of my E30 along with carpet removal etc etc.

Now after re-assembly, with the key out of the ignition, the headlight switch off/pushed in all the way, the park lights light up as if they are on constant? power.

With the key in the ignition and turned to light up the dash lights, they turn off.

I am no electrican, so my description could be worded better. I have the flasher relay disconnected at the moment but I wouldn't think that would be on the same circuit? Have also disconnected the speakers at some point and added some switches to the ignition wire but that is about it and removed excess factory alarm wiring that had been removed years ago along with the ABS computer which isn't needed.

Originally I thought it was the brake light switch around the wrong way lighting up the brakes when the pedal is not pressed, until I noticed the park lights on at the same time.

Lucky I have a external kill switch for the battery or I would have several flat battery's by now.

Any help is appreciated, thankyou in advance.

- Nathan

Edited by Forrest

Mine does the same. Exactly same symptoms.

Help.

I think I fixed it.

Ashkan, check your earths underneath where the steering wheel + steering column plastic covers screw together on the steering column ;)

There should be 3 different ring connectors that are all earths that mount to it with a screw + a nut.

Edited by Forrest

Mine was doing similar today, I powered the loom for the second time since I lay that sh*t out and the left rear park light or brake light came on with no key in or anything. I chucked the key in and turned it, it turned off. But as soon as the key came out it would pop back on.

Weird as.. I fiddled around and couldn't make it change but it went off once I plugged the instrument cluster in so maybe that had something to do with it?

Mine was doing similar today, I powered the loom for the second time since I lay that sh*t out and the left rear park light or brake light came on with no key in or anything. I chucked the key in and turned it, it turned off. But as soon as the key came out it would pop back on.

Weird as.. I fiddled around and couldn't make it change but it went off once I plugged the instrument cluster in so maybe that had something to do with it?

Do both front & rear park lights come on (same side)? If so - indicator switch probably turned on to left.

This is to night park & illuminate one side only - left or right depending on indicator switch position. Will turn off when key on.

Ahh sweet, must have had the indicator down then,sounds about right. I d/c power and started plugging more things in and so forth and after the cluster was in it was off. Probably bumped it back. Well atleast that makes sense now lol :D