Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

new pics minus pinstripe and new zaust tips

moral of the story: unless u've got a wicked rear valence that sits back a bit, get subtle looking tips otherwise they look ghey!

Looking good Sparkle

Always liked the E28 5er

Is it V8?

Edited by BMW POWER

What tips are those sparkle - they are pretty much exactly what I had in mind for the 3-er.

Or are they just generic? Also, for someone who knows f all about exhaust tips, did you get them put on at an exhuast place, or could someone like me do it with a bit of basic welding skillz.

Cheers, should be able to do it myself then.

I used the oxy-acetylene plant, gotta be careful to keep the heat from travelling down the tip much, otherwise they go blue lol

In other words braised not welded. Got oxy-acet, so should be sweet, although my skillz are a little rusty - might be worth paying someone.

lol, dude if you can mig weld you can gas weld, Just don't have the flame too hot, those tips were thin as.....

we just dropped the exhaust a little, and tacked them about 3/4 around their circumference, i would have migged them but I'm not that great at it, would've burnt holes.....

be careful with your factory aluminised pipe too, can't see the "molten pool" under the coating until right before it burns a hole....

word