Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

Pics from Ruapuna trackday today

Look for Jason getting on 3 wheels!! (picture no. 132)

http://www.automotiveaxis.com/photography/...th-of-february/

Was incredibly fun getting out in the middle of a racetrack today, running over the track between GTR's and 911's.

post-1573-1265865939.jpg

Edited by Incary

I would've spent all day taking pictures of the girl... never mind the cars! :P

All taken with the slow (f/5.6) 75-300mm non-IS plastic Kit lens and a 450D. I'm happy with the results actually for once haha.

Yeah that's my gf of 2 years. Highly 'entertaining'

Oh and no 180SX, just the 15 with awesomecrazy body roll haha

Edited by Incary

Haha... would you be creeped out if someone paid $149 for a giant canvas mounted print of your gf? (Not saying I'm going to do that... but it would be funny)

Arrrr i should be out there, im remember being quicker than all of those cars except the silver STI and the red Turbo 911. Grace is looking swish as usual my old son

Guest Simon*

Nice pics Henry

Is there anywhere on the circuit you can get up high? Some kid of tower or similar vantage point? Would give a bit of variety to the shots I reckon.

You should have got the missus out being flag girl for the drags in true showbiz style ;)

Any video?

The shots are for selling, for people to showcase there cars in their homes, so the main idea was to get their face and their car looking pounced, I was aiming just to try and get it in focus with the horrible lens I was using hahaha.

The shots are for selling, for people to showcase there cars in their homes, so the main idea was to get their face and their car looking pounced, I was aiming just to try and get it in focus with the horrible lens I was using hahaha.

man what an awesome day. great pics man, will be definately ordering some, maybe pic 1 would be first choice. ha ha

Guest Simon*

Absolutely - got no complaints here! Just thought as an added option, because you're selling them, a variety of angles would be nice. I know we're often limited by lenses. Are there any marshalls, or safety towers at Ruapuna?

That shot of you lifting the inside front wheel is for the win! It's come out very crisp. And a A1 Size of pic 1 would look lovely on the garage wall...

Absolutely - got no complaints here! Just thought as an added option, because you're selling them, a variety of angles would be nice. I know we're often limited by lenses. Are there any marshalls, or safety towers at Ruapuna?

There were a few towers out there, 2 in total, plus the starters box, but all were quite far back for TV cameras (so they don't get bowled over if a car comes off the track I presume hah) Too far back for the zoom I had sadly.

Tried to hire a lens but A. Would have been another large expense, and B. Every Lens in Chch was hired out because of the Coast to Coast ha