Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E30 Shifter Bushings

Does anyone know where to get new bushings for the shifter? preferably in the wellington region but either way

Edit: while my mind is in it, i seem to remember someone telling me they need to be sent away to be done with a press or something. fact or fiction? :S

Edited by ethrty320

Get a Z3 short shifter & you'll get the bushes for free lol

considered but i quite like the throw on the E30. have heard the Z3 becomes tiresome but not sure. may look at it depending on the price of the bushes

The white bush for the shifter is like $20 from the dealer...also replace the knuckle bush on the gearbox from the shifter arm with a brass version, helps improve it ten fold (also available from the dealer).

Z3 shifters are worth the price....I love mine.

If you need any part numbers etc pm Jason (SIRE30) as he helped organise the group buy we had last year on most of the above.

Edited by Forrest

The white bush for the shifter is like $20 from the dealer...also replace the knuckle bush on the gearbox from the shifter arm with a brass version, helps improve it ten fold (also available from the dealer).

Z3 shifters are worth the price....I love mine.

If you need any part numbers etc pm Jason (SIRE30) as he helped organise the group buy we had last year on most of the above.

cheers mate. is it a DIY on the bushings or do i need a press to get them done?

Nah mate, DIY all the way. Plenty of write ups online etc to do it. The hard thing is getting the old white bush out. A flat screw driver and a BFH helps here.

Nah mate, DIY all the way. Plenty of write ups online etc to do it. The hard thing is getting the old white bush out. A flat screw driver and a BFH helps here.

sweet thanks! will PM now

Im your man for shifter parts. Ive got a sweet write up on how to do it all and I can get the best prices on shifters AND all the bushings. Youll have to wait till monday for prices, Ill make some phone calls for ya.

Im your man for shifter parts. Ive got a sweet write up on how to do it all and I can get the best prices on shifters AND all the bushings. Youll have to wait till monday for prices, Ill make some phone calls for ya.

sweet as i PMd you before not sure if you got it. no rush to get them at this stage though :) thanks mate

Hey Andrew-you dont know what you're missing with a short shift.Tiresome-not !!!

Yeah I reckon. I have the z3 shifter in mine, its a good reduction in throw but not too short. Seems perfect.

The Z3 isnt tiresome at all, its great!! Perfect "shortness" without being so short that it makes the changes crunch

+1 and those brass bushes are awesome as well.

Incorrect, parts come seperately.