Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

E28 leaky injector

87 E28 525ee auto.

So just drove the car to wellington and back in 2 days and had no problems at all.

Turned the car off and went into my house for about an hour, went back to car to move it and I could smell gas.Opened the bonnet and there was fuel on the rocker. Gave the car a crank and it seems to be coming from cylinder 4's injector (if that makes sense).

Now, what do I do? Do I need to replace the injector? How do I pull it out without pulling the inlet manifold off (if possible).

Any help would be sweet, gotta get to work in the morning!

Cheers

Ashkan

probably a the oring is leaking around the injector base . pop it out and have a look

Can I get to it without pulling the intake manifold off? Do they just pop out?

Am I right in assuming that the seal is the same as the FPR seal on m20b25? Just need to throw something in it to get to work!

Sorted- Ended up being the return line had perished like crazy.

Cheers!

that was lucky... time to check the rest of the fuel lines?? at this rate could start a new section.. Burn outs???

lol was just dismatling my injectors this morning.. damn dodgy prev owner.. one of the fuel lines is only 1/3 in and is held on by a munted original bmw hose clamp... lol thats why i was smelling fuel.

that was lucky... time to check the rest of the fuel lines?? at this rate could start a new section.. Burn outs???

Yeah I swapped the primary line while I was at it... shame now though the E30 has no fuel lines... <_<