Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

WTB TV Tuner

To suit a E53 BMW screen, It's a 2005 NZ New BMW X5 E53 3.0d

Aparantley I need the tuner & 2x aerials to make it work? Should there be a loom aswell?

Hi Clinton,

I've got one from an 2002 M3. I was planning to install it in my car, but have kinda lost motivation due to difficulties obtaining the correct harness to make everything work. I'm not sure if it'll work on your car, and it will be up to you to find out.

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers, Andrew

Just did a realOEM search for you and it seems only fa tuner from an E53 will work. Thats based on part numbers though, theres always a custom job you could do

Just did a realOEM search for you and it seems only fa tuner from an E53 will work. Thats based on part numbers though, theres always a custom job you could do

Any TV tuner from any BMW with the same VDO/Philips Mk3/Mk4 nav system will work

Only prerequisites:

Must be 16:9 capable - this means manufacture date of 2002 or newer

So you can take a tuner from a BMW 3 series, 5 series, 7 series, X3, X5, Z4, or a Mini, or a Range Rover, or a Rolls Royce. All with the same system.

The same tuner is fitted world wide, so it doesn't matter what market the car was built for (Europe, USA, Japan, China, etc)

And as for the loom, you may need to buy that new or get one from a wreckers.

The loom is X5 specific, due to the cable lengths required due to the location of the TV tuner with respect to the nav system.

An E38, E46 or E39 loom won't fit.

See RealOEM for the loom part number.

Hi Clinton,

I've got one from an 2002 M3. I was planning to install it in my car, but have kinda lost motivation due to difficulties obtaining the correct harness to make everything work. I'm not sure if it'll work on your car, and it will be up to you to find out.

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers, Andrew

Hi there, is it the 16:9 format? What kinda monies are you talking?

Any TV tuner from any BMW with the same VDO/Philips Mk3/Mk4 nav system will work

Only prerequisites:

Must be 16:9 capable - this means manufacture date of 2002 or newer

So you can take a tuner from a BMW 3 series, 5 series, 7 series, X3, X5, Z4, or a Mini, or a Range Rover, or a Rolls Royce. All with the same system.

The same tuner is fitted world wide, so it doesn't matter what market the car was built for (Europe, USA, Japan, China, etc)

Range Rover? BMW flicked them in 2000, but do they still run the same computers etc? just curious sorry

Hi there, is it the 16:9 format? What kinda monies are you talking?

Yes its 16:9. I honestly have no clue what its worth though :(

Opinions on price would be welcome... if its not worth a lot then I might have to figure out how to get it in my car.

Range Rover? BMW flicked them in 2000, but do they still run the same computers etc? just curious sorry

No, BMW flicked Rover in 2005. Up till then - BMW electronics in them