Sign in to follow this  
c.robertson00

Lotus 7 Zetec Engine Conversion

Posted Image

^^ that's just an example of the car

meets this it should be quite exciting

Posted Image

So I started to pull the engine down and when I took the head off things started looking a bit sad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After this I pulled the pistons out and found out why number two piston wasn't at TDC

Posted Image

The engines now being dumped in favour of one that I bought on trade me with a blown head gasket for $50. Score!!!!!

Edited by c.robertson00

Hahaha yup im surprised it bent that far and didnt snap. But it makes a good wall ornament lol. It took out one of the oil squirters down below and put a decent groove in the bottom of the bore.

This is awesome, my Dad's Fraser has a 4AGE and I drive a Focus ST170 which has a distant future cousin of this motor, I would hate to think how much fun it would be adding the two. Best of luck mate :)

Edited by Forrest

Cheers dude. Fraser's are nice pieces of kit, far better than a genuine 7. Yea ST170s have 170hp standard and variable valve timing on the inlet cam which means you cant buy one for $50 lol. Do you know what sort of power the 4AGE is pumping out?

It is just a 16v blacktop (300,000km old out of a Toyota Corona Taxi lol) with nothing flash just K+N and the Fraser Headers and Exhaust puts out around 130hp ish through a T50 gearbox.

Want Dad to upgrade to a 20v Silver Top with ITB's :D

Good project but why the Zetec? Horrible motor to work on (when in an engine bay that is) and surprisingly unreliable too.

Cheap Toyota motor would suit mint.