Sign in to follow this  
leithcm

E36 323i - Exhaust from 328i

Hi Guys,

Am fitting a 328i exhaust to my '96 323i, and a set of Wayne's short headers. Mine is a M52B25 engine. There is a single O2 sensor just north of the cat; this is in addition to the two sensors on the manifold.

Wayne's headers have connections to fit the two manifold sensors so no problems here. The 328i exhaust, being twin pipes all the way, have two sensors just north of the cats. Obviously the 328i has two places available for these sensors to be connected to; the 323i will of course have one place, but is there a spare connection point for the second sensor that I can use? If not, what suggestions does anyone have on how to use the extra sensor for the job intended of it?

What have others done who have upgraded their exhaust in this way?

Thanks for your help,

Cheers.

Edited by bikerchris

It was suggested to me to start this thread in the hope of getting *Glenn* to give me the benefit of his vast knowledge in this area; can I ask *Glenn* if he has a comment to assist, please? Thank you.

It was suggested to me to start this thread in the hope of getting *Glenn* to give me the benefit of his vast knowledge in this area; can I ask *Glenn* if he has a comment to assist, please? Thank you.

Not being rude, but if you only wanted ones person response, there wasn't much need to post for the whole world.

You could have PM'd *Glenn* or better yet, picked up the phone for an instant answer, pretty sure he doesn't charge for that.

slow day + PMS = don't mind me.....

Edited by E30-323ti

OP : I need more info...ring me tomorrow (09) 2722546

Not being rude, but if you only wanted ones person response, there wasn't much need to post for the whole world.

Oh I dunno - on the (rash) assumption that people will try and use the search function in the future I reckon there's value in questions being asked and answered through the forum.

yea I'm interested in the answer :)