Sign in to follow this  
nickchin1308

Exhaust for E39 530i

Hey guys, I've been thinkin of gettin a nice sports exhaust for my 530i...do u guys know wat is a good brand to go for?...n which one do u recommend that has a very nice sound?

Cheers

Nick

Think most e39 and e38 guys in the states just swap out the rear muffler for straight pipes and leave in the cats and resonators, sounds pretty good and the resonators keep the nice BMW sound.

YouTube "e39 muffler delete"

sounds really good on the 540, but still good on a 530

Hey guys, I've been thinkin of gettin a nice sports exhaust for my 530i...do u guys know wat is a good brand to go for?...n which one do u recommend that has a very nice sound?

Cheers

Nick

Woolfe mufflers can do a Remus rear muffler for it .. which you will like as the qaulity is right up there.

They can get the mid pipes and center muffler. You will be looking around 2500+ however.

You could go the custom route like I did with the e30 except just buy a rear muffler and center muffler. again, a bit of $$$.

Sound wise, pipe size, runner length center muffler and as stated before header collection points all make a difference to the sound.

For the m54b30 (assume thats what your running in your 5) you want something that has a nice bassey sound with nil drone in or out of the cabin, You want it so the car is louder than stock but not so much that its annouying. when you open the taps it sings but idelling its a mild sporty sound.

The 330i e46 is running a supersprint stainless system that removes the mid pipe 2 into one collector to give a true twin pipe system and gives a lot better high rev power. Sounds awesome in a refined way too :)

Whats your budget?

Thanks for the replies guys, yea I've been thinkin bout gettin a Remus one but thats way above my budget..my budget is around a grand..so probably will be goin for a more custom exhaust...or a second hand one.

You can get a remus rear muffler for about that (1k). you can replace the rest as you can afford it. Trust me .. you wont regret it. Give Woolfe a call anyways .. nice guys to deal with and know their stuff. They also stock more than just remus.