Sign in to follow this  
danutt

17's or 18's that will fit an e36

needs to be pcd 5*120 and offset higher than 35p

please post a pic or link or contact me 021 148 6554

need them urgently last guy lowered the car too much and needs bigger wheels just for legal clearance

cheers

Bigger wheels won't fix your ground clearance problem. No matter the size of the wheel, they have the same or similar rolling circumference as a factory wheel and tyre. All that happens as you increase rim size is that the tyre size gets smaller. If the rolling circumference of the wheels was different you'd have all sorts of problems with your speedo being out of whack etc.

To fix your problem you need to replace your springs with ones that aren't so low.

Edited by _Mark_

Bigger wheels won't fix your ground clearance problem. No matter the size of the wheel, they have the same or similar rolling circumference as a factory wheel and tyre. All that happens as you increase rim size is that the tyre size gets smaller. If the rolling circumference of the wheels was different you'd have all sorts of problems with your speedo being out of whack etc.

To fix your problem you need to replace your springs with ones that aren't so low.

car had 19s on it and was 14cm from the ground which is legal and now with 15" wheels its below 10 cm clearance would rather have the speedo outa wack than take the springs out not exactly a fun job

Guest Simon*

Geez it's simple Mark! You just pump more air into the bottom of the tyres than the top! :wacko::D

or get bigger profile tyres...

what size are you running?

195/55/15

205/40/15

etc...

after a trademe search you should be running

195/65/15 or 205/60/15's on the car...

what profile tyres are currently on it?

after a trademe search you should be running

195/65/15 or 205/60/15's on the car...

what profile tyres are currently on it?

running 195/60/15s al round and its around 9cm from the ground..a set of 18s with 40 or 45 profile tyres would raise it above the legal 10cm mark or 17s with 50 profile or higher

hoping someone on here has wheels for sale and what im looking for

Got a set of 17" m5 reps off my e39 (style 65?) in good nick.

Believe they fit with hub rings-dont quote me tho.

$400

Got a set of 17" m5 reps off my e39 (style 65?) in good nick.

Believe they fit with hub rings-dont quote me tho.

$400

Wrong offset.

Wrong offset.

the 18inch m5 wheels fit the e36 why wouldnt the reps?

and mate if they fit il take them...what the tyres like?and what profile?

wheels need to fit an e36 please post pics etc

have seen the m5 e39 wheels on an e36 means they should fit on mine? or would they have done some work to get them on the e36?

any wheels and info ...text 021 148 6554

cheers

wheels need to fit an e36 please post pics etc

have seen the m5 e39 wheels on an e36 means they should fit on mine? or would they have done some work to get them on the e36?

any wheels and info ...text 021 148 6554

cheers

What's your budget?

OP - Have merged your topics. Please don't create another thread on the same topic. Your original thread in the Want to buy section is in the correct place.

Cheers!

OP - Have merged your topics. Please don't create another thread on the same topic. Your original thread in the Want to buy section is in the correct place.

Cheers!

just figured some people might click on wheels and tyres all good mate

still looking for some wheels though and budget depends on a few things post your wheels and what you want for them

cheers

looking for wheels for my e36 coupe around the auckland area or not too far of a drive haha

17's or 18s 5x120 and the required offset i think the max is 35 p for these cars ?

please pm or text me 021 148 6554 even email me a pic damian1@windowslive.com

cheers

Damian, please refrain from consistently posting new threads on this same topic. I have merged with your old thread again. If you're not having much luck perhaps that is because no one has any appropriate wheels for sale.

Cheers,

Mark.

Damian, please refrain from consistently posting new threads on this same topic. I have merged with your old thread again. If you're not having much luck perhaps that is because no one has any appropriate wheels for sale.

Cheers,

Mark.

bugger ae got the car and the clearance is sweet on standard wheels with huge tyres but looks off was just tryna check back to see if someone had non chrome good looking wheels for my e36 sorry for makn another topic been a long day haha