Sign in to follow this  
MrDevine

E34 Check Lights – Brake Light/Tail Light/Dip Beam/Lic Plate LIght

Middle high stop in window functions normally.

Thanks for the pointers will post progress.

LKM is date stamped 2002, so has been replaced with a new one at some stage in teh cars life.

For a quick test this morning I unclipped and unwrapped the section of loom before and after it goes into the hinge. No visable signs of damage or fatigue. Carefully inspected each wire, straighten each one along its length. Left unwrapped and started car and turned things on and off and touched the brakes, and no warnings! A drive after work should confirm if this has indeed worked.

Cheers for the pointers.

Logan

For a quick test this morning I unclipped and unwrapped the section of loom before and after it goes into the hinge. No visable signs of damage or fatigue. Carefully inspected each wire, straighten each one along its length. Left unwrapped and started car and turned things on and off and touched the brakes, and no warnings! A drive after work should confirm if this has indeed worked.

Cheers for the pointers.

Logan

i shortened the plastic sheath on my car and unclipped the wire from the last clip before it enters the sheath because i felt that it caused less bending of the wires.If the "freeing" of the wires has worked there must be insulation damage.take of the plastic sheath and look again there must be damge there otherwise you wouldnt have warnings.Best way to fix will be with heatshrink tubing but of course that means cutting and soldering wires.Tape will work but is only temporary fix.Good luck the warning bongs still winds me up even after 8 years!There are lots of warnings but one of them is NOT for leaving your lights on!(on my car anyway!)

Bah the dreaded tail light warning message has returned!!! arghhhh.

I recently had a brake light failure, which it correctly detected, and for a short time afterwards there was no messages, now its back again!

Which lights are sensed by the "tail light" circuit? Would it be worth replacing all the bulbs?

To recap I have unplug my head light dip motors when I first tried to solve this problem!

suggestions?

Thanks

Bah the dreaded tail light warning message has returned!!! arghhhh.

I recently had a brake light failure, which it correctly detected, and for a short time afterwards there was no messages, now its back again!

Which lights are sensed by the "tail light" circuit? Would it be worth replacing all the bulbs?

To recap I have unplug my head light dip motors when I first tried to solve this problem!

suggestions?

Thanks

Make sure the actual tail light bulbs are identical (I always replaced bulbs as pairs,cos i theorized if one had gone the other was due)and that the tail light contacts /holders are nice and clean ,and free up the hinge wires again.

Make sure the actual tail light bulbs are identical (I always replaced bulbs as pairs,cos i theorized if one had gone the other was due)and that the tail light contacts /holders are nice and clean ,and free up the hinge wires again.

I just replaced all the bulbs with new identical ones, and it lasted all of about 3s before "ding".

I noticed when I took them out that they were pretty hot to touch....

Wiggled wiring again.

No Results

Edited by SRacin