Sign in to follow this  
thirdkide30

Two electrical help

Just got an e30 320i and my fuel gauge is acting up. It jumps to full and sometimes stays there and when i press the km distance button the fuel gauge would jump also. With the distance km read out, the bottom one doesnt work. And also with the km/l gauge it isnt reading the right thing. The needle would go completely around and wont see it. Would i have to go to an auto sparky or can i do something myself?

Also my drivers side window is not working but passengers is. Old owner said hes changed the button twice already and still doesnt work.

How much do you sell the motor and cluster for?

yeah try another cluster,

in regards to the power window

I'd check the power window switch before buying another window regulator

swap another switch over, from another good working one in the car, rule that out first, then check the regulator

poer window switches are a common E30 problem

Edited by Jono51

Tried switching the switches around and drivers side is still not working.

I tried taking the door card off but got stuck on the door latch and the handle. How do i get these off? Sorry for the noobness

Tried switching the switches around and drivers side is still not working.

I tried taking the door card off but got stuck on the door latch and the handle. How do i get these off? Sorry for the noobness

interior handle stays on the door, the suround slides off and allows the panel to be removed. be careful not to break it

the handle has three screws, two easily seen below, the third hidden behind a cover or the power mirror switch

(front doors)

cluster could be sweet its probably the batteries in it. plan of attack for that is i would get some new batteries for it, install, see if it makes a difference, and if not get another cluster verify it works and then but the new batteries you just brought into it for preventative maintenance' sake

Well got a second hand cluster from Andrew. Cluster was working when it was taken out but when i put it on mine, the check light didnt and temp gauge didnt work. I pulled apart both and mix and matched the ones that werent working. So now got the old cluster, with the new speedo, fuel gauge, SI board and rpm. and now the check light doesnt work on the old one.

Just wondering if a 318 cluster is the same as a 320?