Sign in to follow this  
pamsbeema

Very frustrating! please help

Hi there, Could someone please help. 318 e36 M44 really struggles to start. It cranks ok but doesn't really seem to want to fire. It's worse in the mornings but sometimes when it's hot too. When it does start it almost seems as if it's over fueling. Someone said probably a cam sensor or crank sensor. Anyone got any thoughts?thanks very much

When is the last time it had a service?

it had a full service: plugs, air filter, oil change etc just before xmas when they did crank seal too. and hasn't done many miles since then. Had a new thermostat put in it a few weeks ago.

Where are you from ? could help if you updated your profile. If your in Auckland, I could have a look. It could be many things causing your problem.

Where are you from ? could help if you updated your profile. If your in Auckland, I could have a look. It could be many things causing your problem.

Hi Glenn, I'm on the northshore. I guess it needs someone to 'plug-in' does it ?? thanks Edited by pamsbeema

Hi Glenn, I'm on the northshore. I guess it needs someone to 'plug-in' does it ?? thanks

Yes...the first step would be to do that... then check for obvious, known problems

Yes...the first step would be to do that... then check for obvious, known problems

So where abouts are you Glenn? I have just got lucky and a local garage managed to plug in their scanner for free but he didn't let much on. I did manage to see it was showing something about "misfiring, fuel(?something, maybe unburnt?).., exhaust sensor cylinder 2, & misfiring, fuel.., exhaust sensor cylinder 3, & misfiring, fuel.., exhaust sensor cylinder 4".

Can you help anyway from that? he said maybe the front o2 sensor?? sounds expensive

thanks

Those faults are the result of something else. Air leaks, AFM or fuel delivery.

Click on my Botany Motor Worx icon for my details