Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

Bmw unveils high performace bike

Link from stuff

One for you, Ari Gold?

I remember in 2004 seeing a nice range of porcshe bike's in a shope on Rodeo Drive, LA.

Edited by braeden.

All these car companies should really stick to making cars. :rolleyes:

As a keen cyclist for many years and ex competitive MTB racer I sometimes shudder when I see these things. They look cool but performance wise really are not up to par.

While it looks very cool, 12.9kg is not that light, the Manitou Mach front Fork is mid-range and the SLX groupset is Shimano's mid-range gearset.

For the price I imagine it will be sold at, you would expect top range gears on it and a heaps better front fork.

better details here:

http://www.autoholiks.com/2010/03/with-lov...ike-from-bmw-m/

Edited by zenetti

my Parents next door neighbour has 3 BMW bikes, price tags on them were around 4g each for the lower speced models and 8g for the higher spec model. im sure he will be straight into one of these aswell.

^^ Totally agree Jono, being a cyclist myself, 12kg is very heavy.

Leave it to the experts...not worth the price tag IMO

Edited by Forrest

Guest Ari Gold

My bike already has 4 piston shimano disc brakes front and rear :D , seems bmw skimp their brakes on everything, though the R1150 has brembo's all round, the the GS has brembo 4 pistons all round as well...

You could built something insane for what they'd likely charge you for this. Start with a Gary Fischer frame, Campagnolo Record 10 groupset, Industry 9 wheelset, Formula Oro brakes, Fox Racing Talas forks, Eaton post & stem, crankbrothers eggbeaters :wub:

Edited by Ari Gold

My Specialized Enduro is a "smidgen" over 12kg..

And its a full suspension bike with 6" and 6" of travel..

All these car companies should really stick to making cars. :rolleyes:

As a keen cyclist for many years and ex competitive MTB racer I sometimes shudder when I see these things. They look cool but performance wise really are not up to par.

While it looks very cool, 12.9kg is not that light, the Manitou Mach front Fork is mid-range and the SLX groupset is Shimano's mid-range gearset.

For the price I imagine it will be sold at, you would expect top range gears on it and a heaps better front fork.

better details here:

http://www.autoholiks.com/2010/03/with-lov...ike-from-bmw-m/

Yeah, what he said.  I'll stick to my Ellsworth thanks.

PS: Shouldn't it be called Legsport as opposed to Motorsport??

My Specialized Enduro is a "smidgen" over 12kg..

And its a full suspension bike with 6" and 6" of travel..

Yep, my Foes "all mountain" is the same. 6" front and rear, dual discs, SRAM and around 12.5kg

It seems there are a few MTB riders on this forum, perhaps we should get together. I am out at Woodhill most Wednesdays.

Edited by zenetti