Sign in to follow this  
slobma4

86 318i for sale baby blue

In my opinion I believe your asking to much, and you would be better off selling it for $1500 on standard wheels and selling the mags separately.

My justification :

The new paintjob seems to have more devalued the car as far as the typical BMW enthusiast are concerned. Taking the black off the bumpers and painting hte roof looks quite tacky takes away the whole genuine look that BMW lovers are after.

It would more appeal to the youth market, as they're more looking for the cheaper dailydrive cars, in manual with the big bore etc. So maybe $4000 is too much for them ?

The enthusiasts are the ones with the $$$ it seems, so maybe take off the mags and sell separately or as an upgrade option, I dont believe you will get the desired amount for the mags respectively if you sell them on the car.

Another thing to consider is people have different tastes in mags, so offering them as an upgrade option leaves room for others to put on there own mags if they choose and also gives people who want those mags for other branded cars to have a go at purchasing.

Its upto you, just some idea of what you could do. Mods can delete this post if its too graphic, I'm not trying to put down his ride I'm just stating my thoughts on the whole thing.

Cheers for listening.

Andy.

Edited by E30stz

your side repeaters are on backwards (the wrong side)

In my opinion I believe your asking to much, and you would be better off selling it for $1500 on standard wheels and selling the mags separately.

My justification :

The new paintjob seems to have more devalued the car as far as the typical BMW enthusiast are concerned. Taking the black off the bumpers and painting hte roof looks quite tacky takes away the whole genuine look that BMW lovers are after.

It would more appeal to the youth market, as they're more looking for the cheaper dailydrive cars, in manual with the big bore etc. So maybe $4000 is too much for them ?

The enthusiasts are the ones with the $$$ it seems, so maybe take off the mags and sell separately or as an upgrade option, I dont believe you will get the desired amount for the mags respectively if you sell them on the car.

Another thing to consider is people have different tastes in mags, so offering them as an upgrade option leaves room for others to put on there own mags if they choose and also gives people who want those mags for other branded cars to have a go at purchasing.

Its upto you, just some idea of what you could do. Mods can delete this post if its too graphic, I'm not trying to put down his ride I'm just stating my thoughts on the whole thing.

Cheers for listening.

Andy.

I agree Andy, well said.

He wasn't picking on you, As he said he was just "stating his thoughts" which he is entitled to do. I would take the advice Andy gave, because... because... ah you just should. He said EXACTLY what i was thinking. So thats why I agree.

Emma