Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Mike - Synthe's New Site

My only critiscism is there are no contact details, no phone number, email, online request and no address details on the site yet

My only critiscism is there are no contact details, no phone number, email, online request and no address details on the site yet

^ By far the most important aspect of any website. :)

Other than that it looks good.

At the bottom of the page Click Synthe Home which links you to a page where there is an email address and a contact form.but agree it could be more direct

Here's the breakdown on my personal take:

Honestly I think it’s too dark for a parts sale website, I’m not sure the grunge theme is what I would have gone for. Also there are 3 different blues used.

- I'm a big fan of simplicity and continuity in websites so I'd either change the gradient banner to colour match the navigation buttons or vice-versa. Ditto with the "view more" buttons.

No e-commerce (not sure if this is in the pipeline).

- Potential a cross sell for your customer, heaps of advantages, fairly easy to implement.

Difficult to find contact details.

- Enough said, these should be EVERYWHERE

Car on the banner looks like it’s been poorly cut out.

- Sharpen up and soften where applicable.

It looks like you've used the same font for a bunch of your websites (including your own?)

- As you know Font packs are super cheap and there’s heaps of free ones available online. Be sure to keep things fresh!

Site credits too big

- Credits too big and detracts from the links and products at the bottom.

On the pro side I’m a big fan of top sellers you've added and the fact you can drill down via the cars model, so good work on that! And provided it’s easy to manage for your customer it looks like you are on the right track to a winner, just a few niggles IMO.

Matt

Here's the breakdown on my personal take:

Honestly I think it’s too dark for a parts sale website, I’m not sure the grunge theme is what I would have gone for. Also there are 3 different blues used.

- I'm a big fan of simplicity and continuity in websites so I'd either change the gradient banner to colour match the navigation buttons or vice-versa. Ditto with the "view more" buttons.

No e-commerce (not sure if this is in the pipeline).

- Potential a cross sell for your customer, heaps of advantages, fairly easy to implement.

Difficult to find contact details.

- Enough said, these should be EVERYWHERE

Car on the banner looks like it’s been poorly cut out.

- Sharpen up and soften where applicable.

It looks like you've used the same font for a bunch of your websites (including your own?)

- As you know Font packs are super cheap and there’s heaps of free ones available online. Be sure to keep things fresh!

Site credits too big

- Credits too big and detracts from the links and products at the bottom.

Matt

Banner is going to be changed, that was just a default banner from another site till the system gets up and running, as theres alot of system work to be done

Contact details will probably be put in the banner, was just no need to as its not up running live on his server yet.

And thanks on the heads up about the 3 blues, need to simplify the color scheme down a bit.

We use our own ecommerce software, as its proved to be much more potent on the search engine and i hate fiddling round with other peoples software

Thanks for the feed back, its always good to have another set of eyes on some things that need attention

Edited by 325_driver

Still lots to be done on the site obviously, this is just a very sneak peak preview. Its just a start to something alot bigger.. last few months have been bizzy . Alot of the current listed parts prices are going to be dropped and theres still around another 600+ items to be added

I Have a new workshop and showroom opening to the public, exact date is still yet to be confirmed but the lease has been signed so its a done deal for June.

There will be all the Used parts avaliable plus an addition of new mags and tyres and a new shipment of new aftermarket BMW parts. If all goes to plan we will also be doing W.o.f checks by july.

Edited by 323e30