Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Acceleration hesitation.

I am getting what feels like a hesitation or bogging down on acceleration until it hits around the 3k mark then its fine after that, I have not been in to have it scanned or anything yet and a brief search around show's this fault as being common and attributed to the vanos seals. These guys here sell an upgraded seal kit that will offer no more problems http://www.beisansystems.com/products.html.

Anybody heard of them before or come across this fault before.

What sort of cost would i be looking at if i had to get this done but provided the seals ??.

Its not a major problem at the moment just annoying or maybe the 46er's are like this ???

Edited by M-Spec

More likely to be a sensor fault or induction air leak. Camshaft sensors, crankshaft sensor, MAF or cracks/breaks in the induction hoses. Get it scanned first

Edit: Ignition coils give problems too

Edited by *Glenn*

Yup thanks for that Glenn will get it scanned next week to see what faults are being thrown out.

On that topic can anybody suggest a cheap ob scanner that will display any fault codes. Not to worried about having to clear things just displaying the fault codes would be ok i don't mind even searching for the codes specific meaning.

Quite a few people have purchased Carsoft. Remember...having a tool to do a job is one thing...using it properly and understanding what you are reading is another matter. Fault codes arent necessarily the actual fault, but are the result of something else.

Edited by *Glenn*

Quite a few people have purchased Carsoft. Remember...having a tool to do a job is one thing...using it properly and understanding what you are reading is another matter. Fault codes arent necessarily the actual fault, but are the result of something else.

Yup know where you are coming from, Its just handy to be able to output the faults , when they charge you $$ down here just for a reading having your own scanner and getting the fault codes and posting them on here to give you an idea of where to go next can save you a few $$ :P

Yup know where you are coming from, Its just handy to be able to output the faults , when they charge you $$ down here just for a reading having your own scanner and getting the fault codes and posting them on here to give you an idea of where to go next can save you a few $$ :P

Yes..I understand where you are coming from... and I wasn't trying to give you lessons :P

If guys got a cheap code reader that actually worked properly it would be much easier to give them the right advice with the fault

Yeah its a pity there is so much crap out there i have seen some on trade me for $80 that have a usb interface, Carsoft is ok and i have owned that once and in fact sold it to an Admin on here but requires an rs232 serial port and i don't have that old computer any more and my new one does not have the older port or a pcimica (sp) port either.

Gonna put it in next week anyway to get a full and proper read out to see if anything pops up. Think the charge is around the $50 - $65 mark for a full diagnostics.

Yeah its a pity there is so much crap out there i have seen some on trade me for $80 that have a usb interface, Carsoft is ok and i have owned that once and in fact sold it to an Admin on here but requires an rs232 serial port and i don't have that old computer any more and my new one does not have the older port or a pcimica (sp) port either.

Gonna put it in next week anyway to get a full and proper read out to see if anything pops up. Think the charge is around the $50 - $65 mark for a full diagnostics.

We charge $40... quite often I do it for nothing...especially for skirts & smiles :D

Mate you would be charging me $200 if i turned up in a skirt and smiled at you hahahahahaha :P:o:lol:

^^.. had some scary imaginations pop up.. erased immediately....

but yeh a OB scanner that you can readily access at home is so mint!! especially if your car wont start in your driveway and can't take it to a mech.

Can you not take it back to the yard Jase? they should offer some sort of warranty...

Archibalds gave me 3months warranty for the 540i, and I brought a additional 3 years for when things like this happen lol

Yup its going to go back for it to be checked out, But i am also going to put it in myself to have a proper check done just for my own piece of mind. Its not bad at all to drive you just notice that slight hesitation, Maybe its just be lol. I am still over the moon with it, it gets way more attention than the missus lol.

Edited by M-Spec