Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Is it Possible to Dull Down New Leather?

Have just received my order from the UK. Decided to change from my black suede gaiters and armrest to white leather to match the interior.

As I thought the new leather bits don't match exactly as the seats etc have had 10+ years of fading. The gaiters don't worry me greatly as they're not right next to any other leather and they look pretty hot right next to the black (contrast), but the armrest cover is right next to the seats and looks a bit funny.

So as in the title, Is there any way to dull down the colour of the leather? Its pretty much stark white now and I don't want it extremely faded or anything just so it blends a little more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I highly recommend the seller 'Topgaiters'. Best service I've ever had from a seller both here in NZ and overseas. I literally put the money into his paypal account Sunday night and I received the package Tuesday afternoon. I am absolutely stunned how they manage to ship it so fast, and shipping only cost me $10USD!

Why not do the opposite and bring the old leather up to scratch instead?

Topgaiters is awesome aye my GF got mine from them. Good service she says.

ive used "Fibrenew Upholstery Repairs" they are pretty gud, they repaint the leather and there cheap as well ,to re-spray all the leather in my car black was $800

Would love to but don't have the cash and anyway new leather seats from BMW didn't come stark white, more of an off white.

The seats have been cleaned many a time since I put them in. Cleaned and conditioned over 5 times probably. You're only meant to do it every 6 months or so haha. So they're in pretty good condition, although the previous owner definitely didn't look after them that well.

Would love to get them resprayed but like I said, I don't have that sorta cash.

Have just emailed Fibrenew about the options. Maybe redye the new leather to a different shade of white.

I just hope redying or painting doesn't affect the texture and softness of the leather. As its new it feels amazing, even nicer than the suede I originally got.

Your seats are light grey and not white ya turkey, no wonder it does not match :P

I have fibre new coming out to fix my E30 dash tomorrow, has a slight crack, and it seems a much better option that swapping it out as that looks like a real mission. Will report back.

Haha I wish it was that easy Graham :) The leather in my fathers 540 is grey and mine next to his definitely aren't anywhere close. I call if off white cause its not white white but not grey IMO. For all I know I may be colour blind though! :P

They've gotten back to me this morning wanting to book the car in.

Is it not light silver grey bison leather like in the 540is.