Sign in to follow this  
Marcel 323Ti

Good News!! 130i is comming in Sept.

How genuine do we think that info on the 130i is?

Reason I mention that is that I read elsewhere that BMW were not considering 6-cylinder engines in the 1 series because of the weight distribution. 

It would be pretty awesome if it were true though... compete against those other Euro-hot-hatches like the Renault Clio RS etc.

They will show the 130i at the 2005 Geneva Autoshow in March.

Ask BMW POWERS grandad to translate this sh*t (it's Dutch)

Topatleet in de compacte klasse: de BMW 130i introduceert nieuwe dimensies in rijplezier

München/Rijswijk. Vermogen: 190kW (258 pk). Maximum koppel: 300 Nm. Van 0 naar 100 km/h in slechts 6,2 seconden en een topsnelheid van 250 km/h. Achterwielaandrijving. Ideale gewichtsverdeling over voor- en achteras van 50:50. Een rondetijd van minder dan 8 minuten en 35 seconden op de fameuze Nordschleife van de Nürburgring.

Dit zijn de indrukwekkende gegevens van de nieuwe BMW 130i die de onlangs geïntroduceerde, innovatieve en uiterst krachtige 3,0 liter zescilinder lijnmotor uit de BMW 630i Coupé onder de motorkap herbergt. Gegevens die doen denken aan een pure raceauto.

De nieuwe BMW 130i biedt een zeer attractieve mix van indrukwekkende prestaties, voorbeeldig weggedrag en een in deze klasse ongeëvenaarde dynamiek.

De krachtige 130i heeft zijn officiële debuut in maart op de Autosalon van Genève, waarna hij in september 2005 op de markt komt. Daarmee wordt de in september 2004 geïntroduceerde BMW 1 Serie (bestaande uit 116i, 118i, 120i, en de dieselmodellen 118d en 120d) naar boven afgerond

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcel

Edited by Marcel 323Ti

My Dutch is rusty as bimmerboys car, but picking out the obvious stuff is easy even for an english speaker:

BMW's new 130i top performer in its class brings new dimensions of pleasure.

Munich: 198kw, 258HP (although I did the conversion from kw to HP and got 265.5??) 300Nm torque 0-100 in 6.2 secs, top speed 250kmh, RWD.

perfect 50:50 weight distro means it is quick on the corners, and did the famous Nurburgring in 8min 35s.

the 130i accomodates the new innovative and extremely pwerful 3.0L in line six from the 630i coupe under the hood. This is the stuff of a pure race car (I think it says).

the 130i is an attractive mix of impressive performance, handling and dynamics making it a leader/unequalled in its class blah blah.

the powerful 130 made its official debut at the Geneva Autosalon March and will be on the market in Sept '05. the other 1 series' introduced/released in sept '04 round out the line up.

Or something to that effect.

Not hard as most of the words look similar to English, plus Dutch grandparents in my youth helped.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

My Dutch is rusty as bimmerboys car, but picking out the obvious stuff is easy even for an english speaker:

hey your dutch is really quite good.... so does that mean my car isnt that rusty???

Hah! I can read it and understand it if spoken slowly, clearly and relatively formally, and only if I know what the basic subject matter is, but I can't write it or speak it. My grandmother used to forget to speak to us kids in English when she got older, and we would still know what she was on about, but replied in English, but I can't understand Dutch on TV.

So yeah, your car is a rusty bitch.

No you'd better not Marcel - that took me ages to do, and I had to look the odd word up (i.e. I cheated a little bit when I got really stuck)

Bimmersport is very multilingual

I just printed out a few German swear words

To use against teachers who don't understand German

Hahaha :lol: Badass