Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Standard side skirt and bumper colour!

Hey guys, i have done a bit of a search on where to find the colour code/name for my standard sides and bumper, as it could do with a slight touch up as opposed to a full respray.

Can anyone tell or forward me a link where i can find this. Cheers

Should be on the passenger side shock tower?

^I think he means the black/grey unpainted sides? If so, you can use some peanut butter to blacken them up again apparently.

^I think he means the black/grey unpainted sides? If so, you can use some peanut butter to blacken them up again apparently.

Peanut butter? I'm guessing since it has oil in it? Use silicone spray. $10 from Repco/BP.

If they are not the unpainted plastic ones, the BMW colour sticker is usually on the passenger side shock tower as said. Will possibly be in German unless your car was an import from and English-speaking country, or Japan.

It says Diamond-shwartz but i'm assuming that's the actual colour of the car the skirts and bumper are more of a dull grey!

Sounds like you have the basic spec non-colour matched sideskirts.

You can either clean these up with a trim cleaner - I use "Mother's Naturally Black" which works well on things like bumper trims, wing mirrors etc, have them colour matched and painted professionally or if you have the patience and a steady hand, do it yourself with a spray can.

My advice, don't use Silicon spray as suggested above. It just leaves a greasy mess, dirt sticks to it and you're forever reapplying it to keep up the shine. I only ever use the stuff on my tyres because at least the rubber somewhat absorbs it.

If you don't want them colour matched - one thing I've done in the past with black plastic exterior trim is to run a shot of clear over the top. Looks like its been siliconed and stays that way.