Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Malware

I'm getting malware alerts on several threads.

Anyone else got the same problem or is my antivirus just being touchy?

Thats where I started but now coming up on some others too.

PS-I'm on chrome too.

Is it safe for me to bypass the antivirus

Yep, running chrome and avast antivirus.

One of the warnings I get is (I think) Mattzy's smoking counter. I just ignore the warnings, its not harmful.

Same here.. got it on my last day in Australia. It was an HP update... I've spent alot of time today getting rid of the Virus that came through from an HP update. I've now shut down all HP updates, run AVG and Spybot. Its taken 2hrs using Spybot to get rid of the sh*t and its all working fine ATM

BTW... It wasnt harmless... wouldnt let me acess Xtra, emails and wouldn't let me log on here or on my photography sites. It works now and only effected my new laptop which had automatic HP updates and the Virus came from the HP website. I had 9,328 affected files :wacko:

Edited by *Glenn*

Recommend http://www.malwarebytes.org/ for all you PC users that are wary of malicious software.

HPV is pretty bad yeah and I wouldn't want it myself; so I run Linux and Mac OS at home..... Oh, and drive AROUND Hamilton.

Guest Ari Gold

The malware is in the smokestop counters. It's happening on many forums.

I only get it on John's (e30ftw) thread

Weird ?

I use Firefox with No script.

Best combination Evar. No script blocks Everything on a page (pop ups, java, flash, apps) unless you allow them. So when you get to pages you can choose what you want to allow and what you dont want to allow. You set it once too and it will remember... So just going on to new sites, it will have things blocked and you will have to allow the things you want and leave the crap blocked.

Edited by e30ftw