Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

iPhone 3G S Raffle? What you think?

So, I'm getting close to being half way to paying my E30 off. Bimmersport Advertising going up soon and all. Getting close.

But then there's the overalls, the passenger seat and harness. So I did some thinking and thought what about a iPhone Raffle. =)

I've done some research and I can do it legally =) I think...... I hope.

Its under $5000 of value and its New, well a few weeks old but no marks and anything. Everything is sealed in the box except the phone.

Anyway, so. If it is all good. Then why not.

They're 1179 at the stores. and its probably worth around 1000-1100, so big price I would think.

So, if the tickets are say $10 then 100 tickets need to be sold. So not a hard goal? For the amount of people on this site I think 100 would be around 1 ticket for every 50 members.

So let me know what you all think. Its a phone so no registration or WOF like the M3 raffle that was suggested.

Would be going towards something to do with Bimmers so Look forward to hear from the feedback.

most people getting an iphone would get it on a plan and as sure it's much much cheaper than that... And those who's contract is expiring with Vodafone, get very heavy discounts on phones. I was offered the new iphone for $150 as an uprade to the 3g one i have at the moment.

I think it sounds like a cool idea.

I have an iPhone myself but for $10 wouldn't mind trying to get another one!

most people getting an iphone would get it on a plan and as sure it's much much cheaper than that... And those who's contract is expiring with Vodafone, get very heavy discounts on phones. I was offered the new iphone for $150 as an uprade to the 3g one i have at the moment.

Yea, I got this one on my plan's renewal as well. But nothing you said devalues the phone.

$5 $10 dollars isn't much for a no plan attached phone. =)

But just an idea. =)

Edited by Gotheschu

thats true - wasn't thinking properly... been doing that a lot today.

For some reason i missed the point of a raffle of selling cheap tickets. i.e. 5-10 for a chance to win...

ignore me...

The goods have to be new if you want to have them as a raffle prize. And I'm pretty sure "sort of new" doesn't count.

The goods have to be new if you want to have them as a raffle prize. And I'm pretty sure "sort of new" doesn't count.

Ill have to read a bit more. But its a small raffle. Hardly anyone is going to notice surely.

Worry about it if I get enough interest. No point if no one wants to enter.

Seems like I have some good interest so, I think we can go ahead =)

I think I'll need some help organizing it all =)

I'll set up a sign up form on my web site so everyone can put there details and all in there =)

So Im pretty good with getting the names but I have no idea how to draw it. Apart from pulling it out of a hat =)

Someone will know hopefully so flick me some ideas =)

Edited by Gotheschu

Seems like I have some good interest so, I think we can go ahead =)

I think I'll need some help organizing it all =)

I'll set up a sign up form on my web site so everyone can put there details and all in there =)

So Im pretty good with getting the names but I have no idea how to draw it. Apart from pulling it out of a hat =)

Someone will know hopefully so flick me some ideas =)

Random number generator? Have each name correlated to a number...

Or i could build you a funky program to run haha :P

Edited by huff3r

Random number generator? Have each name correlated to a number...

Ahhh, Yes that'll work =)

Ok then, Ill start setting it all up.

And then we should be set to start a topic maybe with all the info etc on it. =)

Have it drawn by a race series member at the next race event you attend with others present?

Have it drawn by a race series member at the next race event you attend with others present?

Maybe have a BimmerSport event with it. Heaps of options I guess. Or merge it into a BimmerSport event that's already planned.