Sign in to follow this  
E30Conman

M-Tech 2 Steering Wheel E30

I'm spec'ing out Amazon etc options for a M-Tech2 st wheel upgrade -new or used Not Cheap!

The 'smaller desirable" diameter ranges are described from 365mm also 370mm to 15inch (384mm).

Major part of my own justification deal is better access/legroom so the diameter is the clincher.

What is the proper diameter of the "smaller" M tech 2 and is one size fits all wrt the splines or are there diffrent fitting sizes as well?

Any local M tech2's in very good nick?? Let me know.

Good luck finding one locally.

They sell they on Turner's Motorsport for about $465.....US dollars ...... +Shipping......plus GST when you get it here (maybe)

Every now and then they pop up on trademe but even then they go for $250-300, I can't remember how much Atta paid but I am pretty sure he bought one from trademe and then got it recovered in Alcatran because it wasn't in that greater condition.

Edited by An E30 Fan

Good luck finding one locally.

They sell they on Turner's Motorsport for about $465.....US dollars ...... +Shipping......plus GST when you get it here (maybe)

Every now and then they pop up on trademe but even then they go for $250-300, I can't remember how much Atta paid but I am pretty sure he bought one from trademe and then got it recovered in Alcatran because it wasn't in that greater condition.

Yup, ended up winning the auction at $350 but did not have to recover it as it was in pretty good nick.

Funny enough I popped into a wrecker last week and he had one for sale, snapped it up and rocking a tech-2 in the 340 now :)... if only I was so lucky to find a kit!

This one will need to be re-covered soon though as it's a bit worse for wear.

Edited by crazyarab

ahhh I see, Close enough haha. Wow, good find! I thought they were bloody hard to find second hand here?

I think Ray had one for sale 6 months back.

Your best bet if you want one from NZ is to ring around Euro Wreakers, try Ray at HELLBM first.

yes very hard to find , have a suede one in my shed that i'm not sure what to do with it

Same same. I paid near 10k for mine but got a free M325i with it.

It’s got a 365mm and its perfect, it’s one of the best feeling wheels I have had in any car, nice and chubby, nice size for thigh clearance and the thumb cut ergonomics are perfect, looks the mutts nuts in theE30 also.

Yup, ended up winning the auction at $350 but did not have to recover it as it was in pretty good nick.

Funny enough I popped into a wrecker last week and he had one for sale, snapped it up and rocking a tech-2 in the 340 now :)... if only I was so lucky to find a kit!

This one will need to be re-covered soon though as it's a bit worse for wear.

Right place right time eh! Back to size etc, arrogant US trader tells me that 370 mm is the smallest Mtech2 original, my MT 1 measures 380mm, perhaps some black leather restorer and I should stick with my pretty bloody good MT1??

Have always thought after the loud pedal the "joystick" is the most intimate link to the machine. Metch 2 still has the appeal - smaller thicker and more modern! Ouch...!

yes very hard to find , have a suede one in my shed that i'm not sure what to do with it

Maybe we should discuss??

Condition would be first-ish?