Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E30 rear subframe + trailing arm bushings

Hey guys.

Am doing a suspension overhaul as part of my engine conversion, with everything being replaced so obviously will be doing all bushes as well. I will probably be getting my friends Dads shop to do them for me, but if they are easy (read no special tools required) ill do it myself.

Anyway, question is, are 320i trailing arms and sub frame the same as 325i or are the latter more meaty? I ask because if they are the same i can drop the sub frame etc into his shop and bushes and tell him to go to it so i dont have to take the car to him, otherwise ill have to source a 325i kit. I know the axles are different, but the rest of it..?

thanks! andy

^ Pretty sure it is all the same mate.

A quick check on realoem will confirm.

The bushes are easy to do yourself if you have a decent vice, I managed to do all of them with a beefy one (Dad once snapped a small one in half pressing bushes in on his Fraser). The only hard part about bushes replacement is getting the old ones out (plenty of DIY's about for that).

Edited by Hellpina

sweet! looks like another job to add to tomorrows list :D