Sign in to follow this  
allan

Weight loss

Hi: looking into loosing a few kgs out of a 318ti m-sport, the common items like ac compressors pipe work etc I know about. Is their a site or can some one tell me the weight difference between a auto box and a manual one used on these vehicles thanks.

Allan

Edited by *Glenn*

I recently changed the seats in my Ti from the msport to normal seats and must have saved about 500 kilos.

Damn those motorsport seats are heavy.

^^500kg's is a little ridiculous.

You could pull the carpet up and strip the sound deadening, that will lose you a few kg's. Take the huge sound deadening liner out of the boot aswell. Weights in the auto and manual are huge also, theres an excuse to do a manual conversion.

Apart from that on a road going daily, I can't think of anything else. Others probably can though.

Take a dump before you drive.

2 kg's.

^^aye?!?! shed a few pounds, ( im 15kg's over weight :o)

+1 on stripping out the sound deadening and rear seats. Or go with no carpets at all.

Hi: looking into loosing a few kgs out of a 318ti m-sport, the common items like ac compressors pipe work etc I know about. Is their a site or can some one tell me the weight difference between a auto box and a manual one used on these vehicles thanks.

Allan

prolly be able to use a battery half the size