Sign in to follow this  
tire

WTBorrow: buff

Anyone in Auckland got an orbital buff and pads I can borrow next weekend for a dozen?

Max

Hah! yea right. I need to give duds a real good cut after the sh*t its taken in the last year.

Oh and this may sound picky but I'm not interested if its one of those terrible 100 odd watt 12v try hard gimmicky horrible yucky pootastic ones. thanks

can get them from Repcos for not much last time i checked, they attach to your angle grinder (assuming you have one) and work great

can get them from Repcos for not much last time i checked, they attach to your angle grinder (assuming you have one) and work great

I got an angle grinder max, if you wanna try that option.

Be careful if you use an angle grinder Max, they spin very fast, you don't want to burn the paint. There are a few good diy's about to find your best, (and safest) option.

Be careful if you use an angle grinder Max, they spin very fast, you don't want to burn the paint. There are a few good diy's about to find your best, (and safest) option.

Theres no way that would happen with normal use. Maybe if you didnt know how to use it, but its still only cloth. This method isnt the best one, but it works quite well, I resto'd the paint using this and came out great

Edit: and its one hell of a lot faster than manually doing it as well with a cloth etc

Edited by ethrty320

I'm not going to burn the paint, I know what I'm doing, what speeds I need and what products to use. William, how low can your angle grinder go in terms of speed? I'm guessing it won't be adjustable and itl be way too fast

edit":

Theres no way that would happen with normal use. Maybe if you didnt know how to use it, but its still only cloth. This method isnt the best one, but it works quite well, I resto'd the paint using this and came out great

Edit: and its one hell of a lot faster than manually doing it as well with a cloth etc

Yes it can and does happen and its not as hard as you think. Also, not sure what pads you are using but I've only ever seen foam and sheepskin, I imagine buffing with some sort of cloth pad (if there is even such a thing) would scratch the sh*t out of your car, especially since its black.

Edited by tastic

Yes it can and does happen and its not as hard as you think. Also, not sure what pads you are using but I've only ever seen foam and sheepskin, I imagine buffing with some sort of cloth pad (if there is even such a thing) would scratch the sh*t out of your car, especially since its black.

Not sure what you would call the stuff it was made from. would take a photo if i still had it. Lent it out and never got it back. wasnt foam or sheepskin though. It didnt scratch my car either (also Diamond Black), brought it up like factory! If you go to repcos they may still stock the one i had. its going back 18 months or so though

How the f**k can you not burn the paint using a grinder. Will believe it when you show me doing your car with it.

Max, I think I have one at the shop somewhere. Will have a look and give you a PM tommorow.

Wish you would stop acting like you know everything, do some research for a change, noob. Obvious you didn't do enough when buying E36 motors either :rolleyes:

Edited by Hellpina

Not sure what you would call the stuff it was made from. would take a photo if i still had it. Lent it out and never got it back. wasnt foam or sheepskin though. It didnt scratch my car either (also Diamond Black), brought it up like factory! If you go to repcos they may still stock the one i had. its going back 18 months or so though

probably burnt all the paint so he cant tell that its burnt. just looks normal to him now... lol

How the f**k can you not burn the paint using a grinder. Will believe it when you show me doing your car with it.

Max, I think I have one at the shop somewhere. Will have a look and give you a PM tommorow.

Great, thanks Ashkan.

Hey dude, it has gone walk abouts. If I find it I will let ya know.

both of you wellington boys have seen my car.. does that look burnt to you? lol. Couldnt care less if the OP decides to do something different, but it worked for me with a result i couldnt be more happy with. Experience > heresay

Clearly, he is suffering from gingervitus. Give him a break fellas.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Indecorous

Bump