Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

OH MY GOD !!!

Were you guys all butchers in a previously life ?

"strip it", "rip the wheels off", "transplant"

better than the other option high on my list...

"Burn it"..

:mosh:

its the only option martyn,either turn it into a rhd by transpanting the goodies into a rhd or as you say as a collectors car leave it as is.I havent got the money to just have a car sitting in the garage.And a seven aint for fangin round a race track,and there is no way those wheels will fit on a three series.Alpina is THE bmw tuner,if you guys dont know who alpina is I would be very carefull around any alpina e 34 5 series,even if you have an m3 or an m5,cos there is one particular alpina 5 that will blow your doors off.(think about an m30 with two turbos :o )

Were you guys all butchers in a previously life ?

"strip it", "rip the wheels off", "transplant"

better than the other option high on my list...

"Burn it"..

:mosh:

beach thrasher!!!!!

I Agree with Martyyn.

Thats some car, Far too good to see the rape and pillage of a parts car.

Be interesting to try the way of LVVTA.

Modify the car in some way so as to apply for a Low Volume Vechical certification.

I Believe that there are ways around the Paper work if you know the rules and how to make them work for you. After all if the car was sold here new it would not have the problem of frontal impact. Am sure that if the car is altered ( and could be returned at a later date) then it is subject to Certification, and then signed on to the road by a Scruitineer, Worth thinking about............................... :mellow:

And Bloody Tempting.

Ive found the documents on the LTSA website regarding LHD importation. I think it says on the sellers questions that it was imported from Japan.

You can register a LHD car as long as it fits the following conditions.

1. You are importing it for personal use.

2. You have registered and owned the car in its original country for more than 90 days.

3. The car is less than 3500kgs

4. The car is less than 20 years old.

5. The car must be registered in your name for at least 5 years after importation.

6. You can only import one LHD car in any 5 year period.

Now if the guy who brought it over had followed all this it wouldve been pretty easy to register and it would be worth something.

If he didnt know this and has let the chance of registering the car lapse then he should be :rambo:

Interestingly Ive not been able to find anything that says the car can be registered once it hits 20 years old.

Cheers

Martyn

having read that Martyyn, Is the seller the Importer??

having read that Martyyn, Is the seller the Importer??

Dunno, I was just going by some of the answers he had put on the trade me site.

He has some interesting replies on there !

<--- is a bit hyped up at the answers he gave to my questions. My dads keen to buy it, but would be dependant on seeing how stuffed the electrics are, cos they're expensive to fix.

Ive found the documents on the LTSA website regarding LHD importation. I think it says on the sellers questions that it was imported from Japan.

You can register a LHD car as long as it fits the following conditions.

1. You are importing it for personal use.

2. You have registered and owned the car in its original country for more than 90 days.

3. The car is less than 3500kgs

4. The car is less than 20 years old.

5. The car must be registered in your name for at least 5 years after importation.

6. You can only import one LHD car in any 5 year period.

Now if the guy who brought it over had followed all this it wouldve been pretty easy to register and it would be worth something.

If he didnt know this and has let the chance of registering the car lapse then he should be :rambo:

Interestingly Ive not been able to find anything that says the car can be registered once it hits 20 years old.

Cheers

Martyn

It also has to meet NZ's Frontal Impact standards, which, by the look of it it doesn't (there does not appear to be an air bag in that steering wheel). This means that it has to have both driver and passenger side air bags.

This is where the 20 year period comes into play.

Cheers

It also has to meet NZ's Frontal Impact standards, which, by the look of it it doesn't (there does not appear to be an air bag in that steering wheel). This means that it has to have both driver and passenger side air bags.

Cheers

E32's don't comply with the frontal impact rules regardless of weather they have airbags or not. Same for E30's and E34's.

Cheers

E32's don't comply with the frontal impact rules regardless of weather they have airbags or not. Same for E30's and E34's.
Your both correct, thats why I couldnt bring my E32 750iL over last year.

I dont know when those regulations came into effect and whether or not this car was imported before then.

Generally speaking any BMW before 1996 doesnt comply and therefore cant be registered unless it can meet various regulations. Its not impossible to bring something in and register it you just have to know what your doing.

thats why you need to buy an rhd e32 and swap everything over,not rip it to bits but a proffesional job,you would have a rhd alpina!!!!

Whats up with that Kent01 guy bidding so high!!

Spoiling the fun for everyone but the seller, must reeeealllly want it maybe!!

That car in parts alone is worth more than $10k

That car in parts alone is worth more than $10k
So!!

We're not trying to sell it!!!

It's meet the reserve @$5k and the bid interval is $50, so why bid $1000 over the previous!!! :banghead:

I myself would be jubious about engine cond etc, it doesnt run due to the electrics and sh*t, so it could be f**ked for all anyone knows..... then it would be almost completely worthless to anyone!

It's meet the reserve @$5k and the bid interval is $50, so why bid $1000 over the previous!!! :banghead:

Ebay in the UK has a rule where if someone bids an amount that they are willing to go up and that amount is the reserve, then no matter what the bid increments are that bid goes on the auction.

So in this case, the previous bid was 4k, if the new guy says he will bid 5k and 5k is the reserve, his bid goes in at that. Then at the end of the auction if his is still the top bid the amount to pay goes back down to the 4k plus the next bid increment and the buyer and seller can negotiate from there.

Very confusing and it catches alot of people out.

I just wish I had the money and the space. As someone has already said that car in parts is worth at least 10k. I wonder if the seller really understands quite what he has.

5k for an Alpina B12 is criminal whether its going or not. I would put an educated guess on the fix being something pretty simple. How much it would cost to fix in NZ is anyones guess.

Cheers

Martyn

word, probably just the starter solenoid switching wire come off or something.... somebody rock round and have a go at getting it going, hotwire the solenoid