Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

OH MY GOD !!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-22626946.htm

Can someone please explain the rules on LHD cars in NZ, Im about to check out the LTSA website etc and will talk to people tomorrow.

But I am seriously considering selling my car to buy this one.

Im dubious about the 'wait for 20 years' bit, but is it true it really cant be registered to drive on NZ roads ! If so what a disgrace. How cana car like this not be allowed on the roads, this is stunning.

Hi Martyn

There is more to it than the LHD issue, as that can be worked around.

It won't meet NZ's frontal impact standards (i.e. have driver and passenger side airbag), so it can't be registered until it is 20 years old.

Also, once it is 20 years old, you will have to export it and reimport it as a 'fresh' import.

Cheers

Is there anything that says it cant be run on the track ?

not at all, just you will have to put it on a trailer to get it to the track and back.

Cheers

umm how about a engine transplant and those wheeeeellllllsssss.He is surely gonna lose heaps on that deal,,sell not going,oh man.

umm how about a engine transplant and those wheeeeellllllsssss.He is surely gonna lose heaps on that deal,,sell not going,oh man.

Nah I'd just sit in it on the back of a truck and have them drive me around the streets !

"350hp V12"

Sounds good to me, but wat is that car seriously, sorry not familiar with older BMW's (if its even a BMW), and the fact u guys just creamed your pants is a lil beyond me.

does some1 have pics of the same type of car...but like so u can see the whole thing?

Sounds good to me, but wat is that car seriously, sorry not familiar with older BMW's (if its even a BMW), and the fact u guys just creamed your pants is a lil beyond me.

does some1 have pics of the same type of car...but like so u can see the whole thing?

Its an E32 750 that has been shipped off to Alpina to have a few things done to it.

As the ad says, 350bhp from the 5 litre V12 (my stock V12 had 300), Alpina exhaust, suspension, wheels, leather interior, etc etc.

They are seriously sought after in the UK and there are a lot of people making fakes to try and cash in.

I can understand why some people arent sure about it, Im not all that keen on alot of threes but you can see more pictures here....

Alpina B12

holy crap is this the same car? cause i just blew my load  :lol:

Thats the E38 version. I have two friends in England with one of those.

Edited by martyyn

Here you go- its basically a worked (etc) 7 series.

There was one for sale at New Lynn a while back for 22k, might still be there- but i suspect it wasnt real. although it WAS fast

post-2-1108456941.jpg

They are seriously sought after in the UK

by it and ship it to the uk then

is Alpina the same as like Hamannn or schnizer

I suck so bad at the hole BMW thing, i didn't even know there was an E32 and E38 ;)

stupid me

Edited by 1N STYL

buy it, strip it.

f**k waiting around for 5 years!!

I seriously doubt the reserve price is going to be anything below $10k if that

You could definately do an engine transplant Martyn, along with running gear, drivetrain, wheels, seats, trimmings......

Were you guys all butchers in a previously life ?

"strip it", "rip the wheels off", "transplant"

This is quite possibly one of only 305 cars in the world. I cant believe you would so readily want to tear it to pieces.

Each to their own I guess, but if it was another couple of years down the track I would be having it my garage I can tell you. Just come along at the wrong time for me :(

Were you guys all butchers in a previously life ?

"strip it", "rip the wheels off", "transplant"

This is quite possibly one of only 305 cars in the world. I cant believe you would so readily want to tear it to pieces.

same as i thought martyn, but wow, what an awesome car.

Agree re: leaving the car as is, but then again, I could not afford to buy a car I couldn't drive, so... Hopefully it goes to a good home - i.e. some one buys it to thrash around a track - at least it would be happy there. Would almost be sadder to have it sitting around in a collectors garage than being fanged around a track.